PDA

View Full Version : How is the G75VW? Your Experience.

PeGaSuS.sc2
08-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Hi, basically I have decided to return my G750JX-RB71 because of a monitor issue that has been annoying me for the last 2 days (yes I've only had the laptop for 2 days). After completing hours of research on good laptops I decided to get the G75VW. Before I actually purchase it I just wanted to know what experiences other people had with the laptop. Is there any big issues or problems like screen ghosting that I should be aware of if so please tell me what you think of the laptop.

SHADO
08-05-2013, 03:31 AM
The speakers on mine sound like sh*t through a tin horn, LOL.

Clintlgm
08-05-2013, 03:35 AM
I think I would get my money back wait a few days there supposed to be coming out with the G750 JH model. The different models and variations have different Monitor screens. I like my VW just fine but the JH should be bad to the bone with 780 graphics card.

PeGaSuS.sc2
08-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Hmm, for some reason I had a high hope that the g75 would be better than the g750 that I had, specification wise the g750 comes out first but for some reason my g750's screen has some ghosting issue so I think I am just going to return my g750jx for the jw or jh. Thanks!

whathedo69
08-05-2013, 07:31 AM
I love my g75vw ds71 I couldnt be more happier well the only thing about asus laptops is the sound quality it sucks but as for e drything else its perfect im not a big gamer so the 660m is perfect for me I ordered mine from HIDevolution with upgrades and am very satisfied with the way everything went its fast portable and reliable I only play one game online and I play for hours sometimes and never once had an issue the newer models seem n8ce but dnt give you acces to the fans for cleaning so I was kinda bumed about that but when its time for me to upgrade maybe they will have the newr model and second series of the 4thgen i7 out but as far as which one you should pick will really come down to what kind of games you play

Clintlgm
08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Yes, The different vendors have different monitors on these notebooks, mine has the non glare full HD 1080 60HZ screen I have never had any issues with this screen. It seems that the BB models complain the most about screen problems you'll have to search the threads to sort out which screens are the bad ones! I don't think there are any differences in screens from the G75 to the G750. Also there have be issues with the actual connections on some of the screens. These have been fixed with RMA's.
I do like my G75 but If I could sell it and buy a G750JH with out loosing money I would. Not for anything less than the JH model though.

Aphelion503
08-05-2013, 05:55 PM
As a very satisfied G75 owner, I would highly suggest this transition. The sound/speakers issue is present, but if you hook into external speakers you will have no problems. The performances is unmatched by other laptops in its class/price range. If you can afford it, I have no doubt the latest and greatest G750JH will be phenomenal on all levels, but I hold the G75 in great esteem due to experience with it.

Psycho Mantis
08-06-2013, 07:03 AM
What speakers issue?

the-osiris
08-07-2013, 03:51 PM
The speakers on mine sound like sh*t through a tin horn, LOL.

indeed ;) you have to use decent headset or external speaker

Clintlgm
08-07-2013, 06:42 PM
If you don't have it praise the creator you really got lucky or your deaf. Sub Woofer is not a subwoofer now called Bass speaker that play's the full range of sounds louder much louder than your Left and Right speakers.

SHADO
08-07-2013, 11:00 PM
indeed ;) you have to use decent headset or external speaker

Yup. Always do. :)

zeromod
08-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll echo the speaker comments and the sound jacks are screwed up. I'll also note that the LCD is garbage on both my unit and my wifes. Dead ac adapter for one was a pain in the ass to get replaced and we only got half of a replacement since Asus can't stock their own equipment properly. And lately my laptop has been acting weird, my gpu will spike to 99 percent usage after a reboot and I'll reboot again and it will go to normal usage again. We are not pleased with our decision at all.

timbuk2
08-16-2013, 04:55 PM
HE's right, sound is the worse I've ever heard on a laptop.

timbuk2
08-16-2013, 05:00 PM
I thought I read that you were supposed to be able to remove the fans for cleaning? It showed in the diagram that they come out. Guess I ave to try it.

Eiron
08-16-2013, 09:30 PM
bad, really bad. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35765-Asus-G75-VW-Screen-lines-problem.&country=&status=

dparish2
08-18-2013, 05:53 AM
I have had a great experience with the exception of the audio issue. Not the one most people complain about, but if the computer is closed or sleeps, then you pull out your headphones, you have no sound after its back on.

tkolarik
08-19-2013, 03:59 AM
When I looked at buying a gaming laptop last year, my choice was this unit the G75 or a similar MSI unit. The specs on the MSI unit were a bit better but the G75 looks SOOOO Much better!!! I knew going in that the sound was a bit of an issue and the webcam was lower resolution and the wifi card could not do channel bonding (I was getting the BestBuy unit). With my past good experience with Asus products, I went with the G75. After all, I really assumed the audio would be fixed with a driver update! However, I had to buy a $70 Logitech wireless headset and it works great!

Well, not long after purchase, I found out my Asus Transformer Eee Pad was not going to be supported with updates any more, my ecently purchased Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard and Asus Radeon video card were fighting, finally RMA'd the motherboard. And now with no fix or even acknowledgement of the audio problem...I have moved away from Asus as my goto tech company.

Recently I built a computer for my wife and used a Gigabyte Z77 board and I has been flawless!

So my point being, Asus has to re-earn my trust and respect with higher quality products and better support!

Clintlgm
08-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Well Said, I'm thinking the same