PDA

View Full Version : G750JW Laptop - Speakers Crackling at Random

scrap264
08-05-2013, 02:33 PM
I just purchased a G750JW laptop 2 days ago. This thing is beautiful and a beast and almost puts my desktop to shame. Anyways, I noticed when playing a YouTube video the audio would crackle loudly and was very annoying. It also happens during system sounds. Sometimes it will just happen when I am not even doing anything.

I first thought it was RFI caused by my cell phone or something but I have ruled that out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek drivers to no avail. I have tried messing with the mixer and changing volume levels but it also still happens. Muting the microphone did not help either.

I really hope there is some kind of fix for this as I paid ALOT of money for it and RMAing it right off the bat is not a good sign. Anyways if anyone knows anything about this any help is much appreciated.

scrap264
08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
I think i have isolated the problem to the left speaker. I went to the RealTek audio manager and moved the subwoofer slider all the way to the left and tested the sound and you could hear the crackling, then moved it all the way to the right and the crackling did not happen. So bad speaker? Driver problems? Settings problem? Or is this just a design flaw that I would see in another laptop of the same type? It seems this left speaker problem is common in G-series laptops... why do they keep shipping them out this way?

scrap264
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Ok it seems to happen when I plug in head phones as well. So i am guessing this is just a design or hardware issue... really a shame was looking forward to gaming with this thing for years to come =(

scrap264
08-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Anyone alive out there? When I put my headphones in the Left speaker crackles as well.

scrap264
08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Okay so I removed the RealTek drivers and just let it run off the Windows ones and now it works fine....

Of course I lose the subwoofer and the other features =(

So i guess its not a hardware thing well unless its just an incompatibility. Anyways, I guess im talking to myself here but if anyone knows a work around to keep the subwoofer and lose the crackle that would be great.

scrap264
08-05-2013, 06:59 PM
**POSSIBLE SOLUTION**

So anyone else having this issue, try this:

->Go to RealTek HD Audio Manager
->Under Speakers (Default) click the Default Format Tab
->Change Default Format to: 24 Bits, 192000Hz

Then go back to Speaker Configuration and hit the Play button to test your speakers. Hopefully the crackling goes away. It seems the lower the speed (Hz) setting you put it at the worse the crackling gets. I guess this will have to do until RealTek puts out some better drivers.

Post here if this works for anyone else.

Naren94
08-21-2014, 02:30 AM
I have a G56 and i'm facing the same problem too. Only that no matter what setting i change it to, the slight crackle can still be heard. I guess its an asus g series flaw

chwiggum
12-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I have a JM750-DS71 with an audio popping or occasional cracking issue. Happens with the new hyperX Cloud headphones I just got, as well as through the laptop speakers. I tried uninstalling the latest recommended Realtek drivers from Asus and uninstalling them completely with no improvement. On another laptop I had it was related to the HD crash protection software that caused a similar issue but these laptops seem to have nothing like that. after some searching on Google this is the closest I could find to my issue. I'll try your solution and get back after testing for awhile.

Darnassus
12-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I cannot remember correctly but I think the crackling comes in the headphones depending on the impedance. I think 60hz is a bad value?

Try other drivers, have a play around.. there's an old thread around somewhere that broke that issue down hard.