PDA

View Full Version : Speakers Crackling G750JW

scrap264
08-06-2013, 03:26 AM
I just purchased a G750JW laptop 2 days ago. This thing is beautiful and a beast and almost puts my desktop to shame. Anyways, I noticed when playing a YouTube video the audio would crackle loudly and was very annoying. It also happens during system sounds. Sometimes it will just happen when I am not even doing anything.

I first thought it was RFI caused by my cell phone or something but I have ruled that out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the RealTek drivers to no avail. I have tried messing with the mixer and changing volume levels but it also still happens. Muting the microphone did not help either.

I really hope there is some kind of fix for this as I paid ALOT of money for it and RMAing it right off the bat is not a good sign. Anyways if anyone knows anything about this any help is much appreciated.

scrap264
08-06-2013, 03:29 AM
I cleared it up a bit by changing my speakers default format to 28bit, 192000Hz in Realtek HD Audio Manager but it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix and I am not an audio guy so I do not know what effect changing the default format will have.

It seems to only effect the Left speaker as I can turn Subwoofer slider all the way to the right and i do not hear it. However it also happens in my left earphone if I plug a set in so I do not think it is a defective speaker.

I also tried uninstalling Realtek drivers and just windows drivers and I did not hear the crackling although I lost my HD manager and subwoofer.

IS anyone else having audio issues like this? Is there a fix/workaround or should I take this thing back to best buy and get something else?

scrap264
08-06-2013, 12:46 PM
So I am assuming this is not a normal issue? I cannot seem to get a response to this problem from anyone on any forum. >.<

Pitcher@asus
08-07-2013, 08:23 AM
you mean when you reinstall audio driver and set audio control pannel, the speaker is same problem? did you try connect external speaker, is it same?

scrap264
08-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes if I plug headphones in the left earphone crackles as well. The problem seems to subside a bit if I change the default format to 28 bit, 192000Hz but you can still hear the crackle slightly.

This laptop is mind blowing but I think I over did it. I have a powerful gaming rig at home so I dont really need what this thing is capable of. I think I am going to exchange it for the Q550LF today.