PDA

View Full Version : Retailer Specification Woos

PentiumCore
08-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased my G750(JW) from an online retailer (for some strange reason I can't actually fine it on the site anymore.)

At first glance it looked stunning, it immediately reminded me of the F-117/Aventador so this was definitely on my top 3 list. It was around 150 more pricey then the competition but it had slightly better specs (GTX765, 1080p vs GTX645 etc)

Anyways, I never actually knew Asus made a bunch of different variants for the 750, when I saw it I thought it was just the one laptop with upgradable options. The retailer I purchased the laptop from specifically mentioned it had a 1080p screen, with 3GB GTX765 and a 1TB HDD.

Well the second I opened it up I went to change the resolution only to find out that my max res was 1600x900. Then I realized that the GTX765 was only 2GB and that my HDD was only 750GB.

So after digging around I found at least 4 different versions of the G750. Yes there was a 3GB GPU but that was the GTX770, yes there was a 1080p screen but on other models and they did offer 1TB drives but again, on other models. I realized that almost all retailers had miss-matching specifications most probably getting confused from all the variants available, which is not acceptable but it seems to be the culprit.

The problem is its late to return the laptop as I should have done so within 7 days. But even if I did return it, in order to actually get the 1080p / GTX770 / 1TB version I'd have to pay an extra 300 which really sucks.

I can live with it all except that resolution, My god I hate it so bad. My only option would be to find the 1080p screen on ebay? and upgrade it at a later date. :(

Clintlgm
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
http://rog.asus.com/239892013/g-series-laptops/asus-introduces-the-republic-of-gamers-g750-laptop/ this is how there set up. You should have gotten a spec sheet with you purchase? The different vendors have different set ups and prices you get what you pay for in most cases.

Pitcher@asus
08-07-2013, 08:00 AM
i think you can visit asus support site to see basic spec, maybe online store will change by themself.