PDA

View Full Version : Uhg! The Computer well should have bought instead.

PPanda
08-07-2013, 02:43 AM
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152444

Damn! This looks better in everyway for the price compared to the g750jw.

Also: MSI quality build, non-asus RMA, etc.

Myroslav
08-07-2013, 06:49 AM
I was thinking the same, except MSI's SSD drives are mSATA, which is more of a pain to get/replace and they cheaped out on an optical drive. Also no wireless AC out of the box. Killer network cards are complete trash, and after experiencing razor/steelseries peripherals on my stationary computer, i am iffy to get a laptop with those (steelseries keyboard). Sound quality is worse. And build quality is questionable.

I got my jw from memoryexpress here in Canada and i have not a single issue with it. Will be writing a full review here, since all i had to read prior to buying is how bad g750s are and how good everything else is.

After all, no thank you, i will stick to Asus.

Flea0
08-07-2013, 09:33 AM
to be perfectly blunt, I don't see how people who bought the G750JW were not expecting much more compact laptops to show up, since the 765M needs a lot less cooling than the 770M and the 780M. Thin gaming laptops with the 765M have been announced months ago, afterall.
In any case, you shouldn't feel like your laptop is worse. You have two 2.5" slots and MUCH better cooling.

The Thing
08-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Dude, have you seen the air vents on that MSI? I can assure you, in a month or so you'll need to buy a cooler. Personally, I think that looks just ****ty, none the less premium. And btw, why did you choose the JW? That 765 inside sucks lol even a 670 beats it. Oh and add near "msi quality build" - "msi ****ty cooling" . That was the factor that stopped me from buying a msi laptop.

EpIcSnIpErZ23
08-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Actually the 765M is better than the 670m. It is more on level with the 670mx.

zalbard
08-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Expect this laptop to be really hot and loud. If you are willing to accept that at the cost of weight and size, go right ahead...

Shawnnepc
08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
This would be the first time i've heard of someone complimenting MSI's build quality.

I have one of those coming soon so I evaluate it and see if it's a product we want to sell.

I haven't approved a MSI product since 2008.

B1g_Dav3
08-07-2013, 06:57 PM
In fairness the MSI is pretty decent on paper, I can't comment on the company as I've never had any experience, but honestly when you look at the computers, a few things become clear;

- No optical drive = bad for me personally
- Looks very standard
- Although the cooling looks decent, it belts the heat out of the sides
- Pretty much the same on paper as the G750, only 1 hard drive bay by the look of it

tobenutte
08-07-2013, 07:27 PM
I finally decided to upgrade from my G73jh wich I still have and works fine. THe only thing that I ever had to do is update the bios and vbios. Never had a problem with overheating also. I was up in the air between the G750 or going with the MSI GT70. I did go with the MSI, this is the one I got. Yes the fan is a little louder but not that much. IF you use the coolerboost you do hear it, but I have only used that a couple times.

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpage.aspx?cid=6&id=377

Even though I went with the MSI, I still tell people that ask about getting a laptop I still recommend Asus.

B1g_Dav3
08-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Main problem with the ASUS seems to be the 0.77ghz issue on battery that is a little niggling, I hope they fix it soon otherwise I might have to start the hunt again for a laptop >.<