PDA

View Full Version : Asus G75 VW Screen lines problem.

Eiron
08-07-2013, 01:07 PM
First, sorry for my bad English, I'm Spanish, and not master this language too much.

My asus g75 has continued to cause problems since I arrived. The first was that the back cover is cracked and lifted the lid therefore sink. The second audio input jack is 3.5mm spoiling, the reason was that he stayed inside the metal connector, I get him out badly tube with a pin. The display now shows me continuous black lines about 2 mm of separation perfectly parallel, I think it shows the 32-bit alpha channel color because if I put the display to 16bit works perfectly. This problem occurred when installing the newest nvidia drivers (320.49) but now back to the old problem persists even without drivers, or changing operating system (ubuntu).

When I go to say they have warranty international warranty even though on their website it clearly so. So I turn to the community in which I've spent $ 1000 on a computer that gives errors and I would like to at least have the screen in good condition. The monitor is AUO219D, and if I connect an external monitor to the hdmi output looks perfectly, so not a problem of the graph.

My theory about the problem is that the drivers set the color of the screen some misinformation has been in the screen buffer and will not change.

Thanks for the help.

Pitcher@asus
08-08-2013, 03:21 AM
did you install asus release driver?

Eiron
08-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Yes, i did. In all OS, even in the bios setup menu i have banding. It is not software problem, but it but was caused by a software problem when i update nVidia graphics. Now, neither nvidia or asus you become responsible for your error. When you upgrade one of the occasions that the screen turns off and on, was kindled with the problem.

Eiron
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Up. Any help please.

Eiron
08-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Up. Any help please. From what I read on the internet the problem is "dithering"

Eiron
08-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Please, dont boy any of asus, any help of her sat.

Pitcher@asus
08-15-2013, 07:35 AM
i think you will send to service center, if SW install can not help you.

Eiron
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
i think so, But despite clearly poneis your website that your product has international warranty delegation in Spain does not want to bear the costs and intends to charge for them, you are a shame of company and swindlers who give away a service premium product.

Eiron
08-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Up and remember DONT BUY ANY OF ASUS.

Eiron
08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Up. REMEBMER, DONT BUY ASUS

AverageK
08-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately, the horizontal lines issue is really widespread among G75 units, and Asus refuses to acknowledge it. I sent mine in for a screen replacement soon after buying it, and the new screen was the same type (Chi Mei) and had the same issue. I've learned to live with it simply because I gave up, but if you're still within your exchange period, I suggest you get a refund, because the only way you'll get rid of the problem is by swapping the lcd for a different brand. I just dug up this thread that might explain why the screen is so crappy:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35864-Observations-on-screen-issues&highlight=horizontal+lines

As I said, don't expect this problem to fix itself or for Asus to step up and do something about it. If you can't live with it, and are able to get a refund, do so as soon as you can. Otherwise, join the club, buddy.

Eiron
09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately, the horizontal lines issue is really widespread among G75 units, and Asus refuses to acknowledge it. I sent mine in for a screen replacement soon after buying it, and the new screen was the same type (Chi Mei) and had the same issue. I've learned to live with it simply because I gave up, but if you're still within your exchange period, I suggest you get a refund, because the only way you'll get rid of the problem is by swapping the lcd for a different brand. I just dug up this thread that might explain why the screen is so crappy:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35864-Observations-on-screen-issues&highlight=horizontal+lines

As I said, don't expect this problem to fix itself or for Asus to step up and do something about it. If you can't live with it, and are able to get a refund, do so as soon as you can. Otherwise, join the club, buddy.

Thanks but my lines are vertical and i am sure that it was producced by software upgrade of asus drivers. If during the next week have not fixed my computer I will put them in consumer complaint.

Eiron
09-11-2013, 01:25 PM
It seems incredible that neither threatening a lawsuit be able to assist me properly and give me a solution for the screen. REMEMBER, DONT BUY ASUS.