PDA

View Full Version : Stange noise issue

teh_tintin
08-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Hello, i bought a G750 JW but i have an annoying issue with a strange noise. When i use headphones i can hear a noise (like waterfall noise) and it's really annoying you can trust me... ^^ I already tried to upgrade Realtek drivers.. Did anyone solve that problem ?

ps: am i the only one to find that HDD make a lot of noise ? (2*750G 7200RPM)

YesNoYes-
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah everyone has the same issue with headphone noise, yet nobody seems to be outraged this hasn't been fixed. I heard of other models with the same problem since 2010/2011 that still have this problem TODAY and ASUS has done ZERO to fix it!
Why are we paying a fortune for these "high end" laptops while ASUS completely ignores the most basic of problems that probably require one of their programmers 5 mins to solve or make Realtek solve.
How can we tolerate this?! Can't a mass complaint be filed against ASUS to demand they fix these issues? I think with the amount of money they ask for their laptops they can bloody well update their drivers correctly.

The Thing
08-09-2013, 05:53 PM
OP, regarding the "waterfall noise", I solved mine by uninstalling the audio codecs and just let it like it is...dunno what's happening but it stopped. And regarding the HDD noise, you ain't alone...my HDD makes a lot of noise...you know...clicking. Yeh, I know it's dying but I don't care, I can replace it as long as it's on warranty.

zalbard
08-09-2013, 07:15 PM
HDD noise is perfectly normal. You should get an SSD.

bootyroast
08-10-2013, 02:29 AM
What I've noticed is that with the drivers v6909 cause the hiss and when uninstalling them everything works perfectly fine.
Also with the drivers installed, I was not able to control the volume in any way possible and through all the possible places where the volume can be adjusted when headphones/ear buds are plugged in (works perfectly fine when it's running on the built in speakers though and volume can be adjusted normally)
So this is definitely something to do with the drivers and we just need to sit back and wait for the proper drivers to be released.

teh_tintin
08-12-2013, 03:22 PM
But when i uninstall Realtek i have no sound..

EpIcSnIpErZ23
08-12-2013, 04:10 PM
HDD noise is not perfectly normal...I have 2x 1TB Hdd's. No noise at all.

zalbard
08-12-2013, 05:04 PM
HDD noise is not perfectly normal...I have 2x 1TB Hdd's. No noise at all.
Different people have different hearing.
I am yet to come across a single HDD I cannot hear in my life, and I select them very carefully and take special measures to reduce the noise.

EpIcSnIpErZ23
08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Different people have different hearing.
I am yet to come across a single HDD I cannot hear in my life, and I select them very carefully and take special measures to reduce the noise.

Oh lol, i am close to deaf even though im only 15. Loud Music i guess :P

teh_tintin
08-12-2013, 05:56 PM
I guess i'll have to buy an ssd to solve that thing but i still have that strange noise with headphones..

teh_tintin
08-12-2013, 07:39 PM
And the problem about HDD isn't that they do a lot of noise but they vibrate a lot

bootyroast
08-12-2013, 10:35 PM
The sound output through the headphones is due to the drivers it seems, we'll have to wait for Asus to release a proper driver that solves this issue.

derpcules
08-14-2013, 01:17 AM
At first I had trouble with hissing too (the waterfall noise).

There is a nice guide how to install the latest driver WITH maxx audio enabled somewhere on this forum.
Just search for maxx audio and youll find it. Following that fixed some of the hissing when I used earplugs.
Id say the hissing was reduced to half or so, this was probably (im guessing) because without maxx audio the gain setting is set to medium.
Its the small, medium, large setting under headphones in maxx audio I mean.

Anyway I still had hissing and that is most likely never going to get fixed because the amplifier built into the g750 is meant to drive larger headphones it seems.
This isnt something rare, it happens with some expensive headphone amplifiers aswell if you stick sensitive iems (most earplugs) into them.
Its simply a common problem with amplifiers meant for headphones that are hard to drive, its most likely due to output impendance mismatch between the jack and your headphones.

The iems I used at first were 16 ohm and the headphones I use now are 40 ohm and I have no hiss.

My advice is getting some headphones with atleast 40 ohm impendance.

I highly recommend hifiman he 400. Theres a thread on this forum about headphones where you can find others that people have tried and have no hiss, just search for headphones.

Good luck!

Symho
09-04-2013, 04:56 PM
At first I had trouble with hissing too (the waterfall noise).

There is a nice guide how to install the latest driver WITH maxx audio enabled somewhere on this forum.
Just search for maxx audio and youll find it. Following that fixed some of the hissing when I used earplugs.
Id say the hissing was reduced to half or so, this was probably (im guessing) because without maxx audio the gain setting is set to medium.
Its the small, medium, large setting under headphones in maxx audio I mean.

Anyway I still had hissing and that is most likely never going to get fixed because the amplifier built into the g750 is meant to drive larger headphones it seems.
This isnt something rare, it happens with some expensive headphone amplifiers aswell if you stick sensitive iems (most earplugs) into them.
Its simply a common problem with amplifiers meant for headphones that are hard to drive, its most likely due to output impendance mismatch between the jack and your headphones.

The iems I used at first were 16 ohm and the headphones I use now are 40 ohm and I have no hiss.

My advice is getting some headphones with atleast 40 ohm impendance.

I highly recommend hifiman he 400. Theres a thread on this forum about headphones where you can find others that people have tried and have no hiss, just search for headphones.

Good luck!

Hi to all,

I have a noise issue on headphone, when I plug in jack. I think is it the same issue described here! There isn't a solution? Is it a driver's bug or hardware's bug? I won't go with the 5th RMA! :mad:

B1g_Dav3
09-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Update the Realtek driver: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio&country=&status=

Solved it for me.

Symho
09-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Update the Realtek driver: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-NEW-Realtek-Audio-Driver-has-the-ROG-MAXXWaves-Audio&country=&status=

Solved it for me.

I had installed but it is not solved.

derpcules
09-05-2013, 03:16 AM
What headphones are you using? High sensitivity/low impendance headphones will sound bad on a g750.

Basically any headphone designed to be used with a mobile phone.

On the other hand you get vastly superior soundquality using the right kind of headphones compared to any other laptop.

But im not getting the feeling youre even reading the replies youre given.

Symho
09-05-2013, 06:25 AM
What headphones are you using? High sensitivity/low impendance headphones will sound bad on a g750.

Basically any headphone designed to be used with a mobile phone.

On the other hand you get vastly superior soundquality using the right kind of headphones compared to any other laptop.

But im not getting the feeling youre even reading the replies youre given.

Ehm, the problem is it the chipset's shielding, poor quality, if I plug in a phone's headphone in my Home theather jack I don't have any problem, so in this laptop what is the difference?

Symho
09-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Ehm, the problem is it the chipset's shielding, poor quality, if I plug in a phone's headphone in my Home theather jack I don't have any problem, so in this laptop what is the difference?

My only pc has this problem? No solution?:confused: