PDA

View Full Version : [G75VW] Internal keyboard issiue.

mallatom
08-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Hello, I got some issiues with my laptops keyboard, hoping i can get some help over here been looking trough the webs and etc for a couple of months now.

So i bought this amazing laptop from a friend like 7 months ago. And i've been cleaning it like every 2 or 3 months since then. And one day it was way to hot outside and i was at home playing some battlefield 3 (stupid of me) and the "W" key got stuck, and i haden't spilt anything on or something like that, since i use external keyboard and mouse. So i tried to restart it and it still persisted right from start, when you logg on the windows and you have to type the password.

So i went out to the net so see what was wrong and i found a couple of posts on other sites saying it could be something with the battery. So i tried to fire it up without it and instatly the "w" wasent stuck anymore so i was happy, then after 10 min or so it started again. And it has presisted to do so since then. it just goes like "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwww" untill i press another key on the laptops keyboard, If i try on the external keyboard its still just keeps going "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww".

A few weeks ago it i meet a new friend who told me it could be bcs of the heat that it burnt something inside, But i was wounder if anyone els had that problem and fixed it? OR if someone could guide me how to find the internal keyboard kabel so i could disconnect it and just use the external one, since i play alot of League of legends, I have tried to use a problem that can turn of the key "w" but it still keeps "giving signals" so it starts sounding weird :/.

Happy for all help i can get, starting to get really desperate. since the "w" allways gets "stuck" at the completely wrong times when i play, and i have to focus on touching a key on the other keyboard >.<

Thanks in advance
Mallatom

*Ps sorry for my english, its not my native language, if there's something you dont understand just tell me and ill try to put it in another way*

Clintlgm
08-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes it sound like you W key is stuck. I don't know of anyone being able to fix this problem. You will have to replace the Keyboard either with RMA on the warrany or pay yourself at a repair station.
That said here is a very good video on how to dissemble A G75 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA)I believe you can get a replacement Keyboard off EBay or from a dealer or maybe from ASUS Tech Support?

Also you might want to look into this G75 Key replacement (http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/servlet/the-23902/Asus-G75-Laptop-Key/Detail?ref=lexity&_vs=amazon&_vm=productsearch) their ad states that the Key cap, The Retainer Clip and Rubber Cup are all replaced.
I have no personal experience with this I just found it searching for a keyboard replacement.

mallatom
08-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Aight thanks alot man. Just opened up the thing and took a shoot in the dark. so i've disconnected the cable now for the keyboard and i did get the right one it seems :) Gonna check those links out. <3

Pitcher@asus
08-13-2013, 05:35 AM
if you laptop still under warranty, i don't suggest you dissemble KB, it will void warranty.

mallatom
08-16-2013, 04:03 PM
To late, and i lost the recit or w/e is called, So im just gonna use it untill it's runned down and then buy a new one, Cuz it almost costs as much to fix it as to buy a new one, Disconnected the keyboard cable so now im using an external, but instead i get theese weird laggs where the sound and screen "freezes and make a weird noise", But W/e finaly got a new job so :P

GottiBoi55
08-18-2013, 03:07 AM
Try reinstalling the "Keyboard Device Filter Utility" from (scroll down to Utilities) >>>HERE
(http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/#support_Download_30)

mallatom
08-21-2013, 12:37 PM
dont think it will work mate, Already done the "fabric reinstall" Dno what its called in english. but where u go back to all the settings as you get it.
Btw i've noticed that my microphone can't be detected after that, Does someone have a clue where and how to fix it? :p