PDA

View Full Version : SSD Installation Help!

PeGaSuS.sc2
08-10-2013, 10:55 PM
I recently bought a Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD and my plan is to install it onto my ASUS G750 laptop and use the HDD that originally came with the laptop as a media drive. I transferred my current C: drive to the new SSD using the data migration tool that came with the SSD and I confirmed that the cloning was successful. Now, my laptop is running Windows 8, and since I have very little knowledge about Windows 8 I don't know how to switch the new SSD drive as my Operating System Drive with the old HDD. Please help ASAP. Thank all for help.

TekNiko
08-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Try removing your original HDD and leave only the SSD in your laptop. I'm not sure if it will make a difference but try to make sure that the SSD is in the HDD slot where the original HDD was. This is all assuming that the tool you used made an exact clone of your original HDD to the SSD. See if it will boot off of the SSD then. If successful you can probably just plug in the old HDD in the other slot and you should be good.

PeGaSuS.sc2
08-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Doing further research, I have selected the SSD to be booted first from the bios, I guess what I really want is for the SSD to be the primary hard drive

Pitcher@asus
08-12-2013, 05:42 AM
i think you can open back cover and switch two hdd or set in BIOS which is first priorities.