PDA

View Full Version : G75 Wifi problems/ wifi modem fried?

razor313
08-11-2013, 12:28 AM
I have a problem with the wifi connection on my G75. I have been playing online games with wireless connection, it seems that my wifi modem has been fried lol . I started having connection issues for past two days. I can still connect thru wireless and stay connected but the connection speed is horrible (0.5 mpbs) Once I plug in the ethernet cable the speed shoots up to (17mbps). My other desktop and laptop get similar consistent speeds as well.
The device manager shows no problems with the modem Qualcom Atheros driver version is 2.1.0.7
Is this an indication that my wifi modem has been fried? Or should I check something else before I go out and get it replaced (ofcourse the 3 month waranty just expired )

razor313
08-12-2013, 06:14 AM
No suggestions? How difficult is it for myself to replace the wifi modem, is it easily accessible?

SpasTaz0917
08-12-2013, 08:32 PM
it is fairly easy to change the Wifi Card
except for the "thousand" screws and putting back the keyboard ribbon cables...

here's a good guide on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA)
just follow it until they remove the keyboard and the wireless card is accesible.

I personally would recommend the Intel 6235 card, since I had a good experience with it.
some prefer the Bigfoot Killer wireless cards.

I'm still waiting for my new Intel 7260 ac card, should be here on Wednesday, hopefully :)

rewben
08-13-2013, 01:40 AM
@razor313, maybe you need to reboot your wifi modem. if you want, bring your laptop to some public wifi hotspots and try connect to them. (but i think it's not about your wifi adapter)