PDA

View Full Version : Power Adapter beeping & not charging...

DeltaActual
08-11-2013, 02:46 PM
what gives?

edit: Apparently, it means it died.... Damn China.

Pitcher@asus
08-12-2013, 05:32 AM
when were you bought? i think you can send to asus service center for warranty if under warranty.

DeltaActual
08-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I've bought it in Vegas on July 10th, @ Fry's Electronics. Currently, I'm in Ukraine, city of Odessa, and will stay here for at least 2 more month. I've contacted Asus service center here and they told me to show the warranty booklet (which I have), and a proof of purchase check from the store (which I don't have) So even tho they see my lappy's serial number in their system - they are not able to cover it under warranty..... So, "global"- it is not. The only choice I have here, is to order a new one for $85. Lame.

Myroslav
08-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Even though the adapter is 100-240 and all you need is plastic converter from Euro-style outlet to north american, i would never recommend to use it straight through. As an electrician :) Warranty is global though. Call fry's electronics, they should have an invoice on file. I never keep receipts.
And of course:
http://www.asus.com/ua/support/Service-Center-Area/Ukraine/713/
Select on the side Odessa and go mental. It is ukraine, for 20 bucks in the right hands they will fix everything.

DeltaActual
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks man, but I've already ordered a new one. Will call Fry's and arrange warranty exchange , when I'll get back to US .