PDA

View Full Version : reinstall windows 8 pre-installed g75vx bhi7n09

emiliopy
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
hi all, would like a help to reinstall Windows default one.
I have read some post in this forum, but I need some extra clarification.
csm've enabled the bios (version 206), and I could boot from a dvd or usb.
when I get to the disc menu, I understand that UEFI uses technology and my discs in gpt partition.
My question is this, I downloaded the Windows warns me that it can not install on gpt format, I have to delete the partition to install or is there another proper way to do it?

Clintlgm
08-11-2013, 04:35 PM
No you need to format your USB to Fat 32 and you will need to create a UEIF Boot file, you'll find the information on this and more options in this Sticky Tread (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes&highlight=Revert+Bios)

adamsyes
08-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Make sure you are installing Windows 8 Iso the basic. not the PRO. or else during the installation the windows 8 product key on the motherboard will not be written or accepted by the product key registration during installation phase

Pitcher@asus
08-12-2013, 03:50 AM
i think G75VX are win 8 OS by default, you just press F9 to resote OS, or you want to clean install win 8 OS?

emiliopy
08-12-2013, 12:30 PM
if my idea is to do a clean install, divide the disk.
Note that the recovery partition is only 300mb, I think the system does not fit into that size
Thanks for the answers even I could not try, but I'm having idea how to do

Clintlgm
08-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Well if your going to do a clean Install you don't really need the recovery partition as you can make your own Back up Image to restore you back to a clean install, and other Images to restore yourself to any point you choose to keep a Image back up updated to!
If you use the Asus Backtracker program you can create a USB to restore any hard drive or SSD back to original factory state.
What ever you choose to do Rewben's Sticky Thread linked in a earlier reply will get you through just about any way you want to do this.