PDA

View Full Version : Screen crapping out when playing planetside 2

medman68
08-13-2013, 07:46 AM
Anyone having issues trying to play planetside2 with your new jx? Almost every time I play the game via steam after a few hrs the screen goes nutty and either pixelates beyond usability or literally goes black, with the computer still on. Only way out is to force shutdown which I'd rather not do since I hear it's bad for your ssd.

It also literally stops working quite a bit. I get message pop up on browser, "planetside has stopped working".

I'm assuming this is a malfunction of the gtx 770? I did update drivers via windows update(probably not a good idea).

Anyone have advice to fix this? I haven't tried any other games as of yet. I hear nvidia has a gforce optimization tool so I may try that. I also here PS2 is very taxing game which does a lot of weird things to various vid cards.

Thanks.
MM

LLothar
08-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a malfunctioning graphics card. RMA.

Pitcher@asus
08-14-2013, 03:09 AM
please download new driver from asus support site and try again or restore OS to try again, if both not help, send to asus service center to check it.

medman68
08-14-2013, 05:15 AM
please download new driver from asus support site and try again or restore OS to try again, if both not help, send to asus service center to check it.

New driver for vid card? I checked and it seems I have the latest one directly from nvidia. or is the one from Asus custom(better) for this pc?

medman68
08-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Ok, so I rolled back drivers as suggested above to the one linked above. It seems to have fixed the problem. Sweet.

Valon1982
08-16-2013, 08:51 PM
if you are a person that he likes to install and try new or different software all the time please change mode!! a fatal failure of your graphic card drivers is the next that will happen and even worst ! installation and removal of bad software all the time can cause registry damage of your os and of course driver failure !!