PDA

View Full Version : Main SSD

coolsbrah
08-13-2013, 01:44 PM
How can I make my OCZ vertex main OS drive? its really anoying, everytime time Im in the bios and select "optimized default" windows 8 automatically runs the Liteonit( that currently has no OS) and tells me to repair. I want to have "fast boot" enabled and its really anoying that I cant turn it on without having the Liteonit as primary drive.

I just want the Vertex 4 as main and Liteonit as secondary, I even switched the drives physically(position) and its still the same problem. I have to deactivate fast boot in order to have my vertex as main

Prostar Computer
08-13-2013, 10:59 PM
You can either install Windows to the OCZ drive (whether it's in the primary bay or not) and that will make it your C: drive, or you can physically swap it if need be.

Pitcher@asus
08-14-2013, 03:04 AM
so you mean when you set OCZ to first bootable and open back cover to switch HDD location, it is not help? what your laptop mode is? please download new BIOS from asus support site if G750JW.

coolsbrah
08-14-2013, 03:27 AM
yea it does not help, when I activate fast boot, the laptop somehow always boots from the LIteonit(that has no OS) instead of the Vertex that has OS and it goes directly to "automatic repair". I have fast boot deactivated because of it, only way to boot the vertex first

coolsbrah
08-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Also the bios driver in ASUS website is for "G750JXAS207" I have the G750, can I still install this one because the driver for the JH is only at 204, but if I select JX the bios driver is 207. I already have 204 installed