PDA

View Full Version : Bigfoot Killer Wireless 1103 in G74SX

MGarrison
08-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I was thinking of adding this wireless card to my computer when it arrives G74SX-3DE.
From what I have read, it is the best one out there, but will the third antenna actually work? Also is it worth giving up the bluetooth, I have bluetooth on all of my current computers and never use it. And i guess i could always go usb in the future if needed. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had put one of these in, and what their thoughts were. They are in all the new alienware computers, and xotic pc offers them as an upgrade, so i assume they are compatible.

MGarrison
08-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Also, is there anyway to upgrade to a third antenna connection or wire? I think I saw on another post that this might be possible. Anyone heard of doing this? Will this work with only two, I assume the intel 6300 is the same set up and all the venders are offering one or the other if not both.

kenrom
08-28-2011, 03:35 AM
does this...card come with wimax as well?

adamsyes
01-31-2013, 12:14 AM
I was thinking of adding this wireless card to my computer when it arrives G74SX-3DE.
From what I have read, it is the best one out there, but will the third antenna actually work? Also is it worth giving up the bluetooth, I have bluetooth on all of my current computers and never use it. And i guess i could always go usb in the future if needed. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had put one of these in, and what their thoughts were. They are in all the new alienware computers, and xotic pc offers them as an upgrade, so i assume they are compatible.

Yeah, The Bigfoot killer 1103 Works perfectly on my G74SX-A1. According to many reviews, this card has some issues on certain Motherboards, but it worked perfectly on the G-Series ( I installed the 1102 on my friend's g73) Worked well. Although the 1103 Comes with NO bluetooth, if you want bluetooth get the 1201? or 1202 can't remember, but it has the same benefits just with bluetooth obviously a bit more expinsive. For antannas, since the G74SX only use 2, it was ideal honestly. u don't need more than 2, heck after i installed it i found atleast 50 more new routers i was like LOL XD

For performances, it's pretty damn dope. I love it and the Ping or gadgets hardware it says it has for gaming, is actually for real. reduces lag ping. and my internet speed is much faster now that this card can download up to 450 Mps, as long you have a Dual-band with 5Ghz Router (with 450+mps also) and combining this card, it makes gaming so much nicer.

Anyway I'm currently using a normal Router (with 2.4Ghz) goes up to 250Mps. No biggie but i suggest if you're going for perfection in internet. get a Router with the min requirement like i said above. it's worth it imo.

Waiting for new Router models before i jump into one.

evga
01-31-2013, 06:35 AM
you can buy an extra antenna and paste it on the metal plate that comes above the cd rom , and connect it as the third one so you would have larger wifi radius .

burn0u7
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
To me, being a gamer is NO WIFI. I personally HATE wifi. I have an intel Centrino Ultimate N 6300 in my G74SX-DH71. I added another internal antenna. I rarely ever use wifi unless i'm at work even then, I have a cat 5 cable running to the G74.

I've used some of the "Killer" nics and wifi cards. Not impressed to say the least. Its not worth spending over 100 bucks for a gimmick. That's what the "Killer" line to me is. Think about it. Even IF you you have a router that is approved for use with the "Killer" line of wifi adapters how is that adapter going to throw the encrypted signal to your laptop faster? The radio signal is already going the speed of light regardless if you are using a killer wifi nic or not. Unless the onboard CPU on the wifi adapter AND the router are decrypting the signal a billion times faster than what normal wifi nics do, you wont see any change in ping speeds.

If you are a gamer and a hardcore gamer, you must go wired. No ifs ands or buts. My home LAN is all gigabit. Netgear WNPR3700v2 with DD-WRT loaded and a Cisco 3550 managed 12 port gigE switch I generally transfer files from the G74 to my file servers at about 98mb/s.

There is a router that I've been looking at though - you can find it on amazon for about 193 bucks. its an Asus RT-AC66U Dual-Band AC1750 Gigabit Router - has native DD-WRT supposedly you can get up to 1300mbps over 5ghz wifi. I'd buy it just because it has Asus stamped on it and DD-WRT is native. Since i'm an Asus and DD-WRT whore, i'll have to bite the bullet at some point and get the asus.

evga
02-01-2013, 12:15 AM
you dont have a perfect notebook to say your a heavy gamer , even though you have these stuff it wont make any change because you own a notebook if your a real heavy gamer you should get a custom configured pc witch more than 2 graphics card.
but upgrading the wifi card is really good thing for larger wifi radius and is more faster .
even for gamers its kinda boost actually.

EckoInLasVegas
02-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Personally, I would go with the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300

penantday
02-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Right,you can buy an extra antenna and paste it on the metal plate that comes above the cd rom ,thanks http://www.oksky.us/imiss/images/3.gif

pathfindercod
02-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Anything more than two graphics cards actually is more for just benchmarking mostly. I'm a big fan of the Bigfoot network cards. That's the one thing that made me use gigabyte motherboards on my last two builds. I did move back to asus on my current build though. They work well but doesn't give the improvement you might have in your mind. But in gaming even a 2 or 5ms ping increase can make a difference.

The 1103 is actually more money that the 1102 because its considered to be higher performance. You really need the third antenna to make real use of the 1103. The 1102 is a great card I you need Bluetooth and you don't have to wire up another antenna.