PDA

View Full Version : G53SW-XA1 Backlit Keyboard stays on when lid is closed

jeffreii
08-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Hey guys - just wondering if this should work differently...when I close the lid, the backlit keyboard stays on. I have to remember every time, when I close it without turning it off, to turn off the backlit keyboard first.

I use my laptop, most of the time, attached to an LCD monitor...so the lid is almost always closed. Every time I reboot I have to turn off the backlit keyboard or it sits there closed, under my desk, with the light on until I remember and turn it off.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

jeffreii
08-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Bump

Chastity@ASUS
08-23-2011, 03:35 AM
Not to my knowledge. Then again, I haven't watched it that carefully, plus I generally leave the lid open.

jeffreii
08-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Would you agree that there's no reason for the backlit keyboard to stay on with the screen closed? Seems silly to me. A waste of power and longevity of the hardware as well.

jeffreii
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I've recently noticed that it turns itself back on as well. I believe when the screen times out...and then turns back on when I begin using it again...the backlit keyboard turns back on. So essentially I need to open the laptop and turn off the backlit keyboard every time I use my laptop - even though the laptop [screen] itself is closed!