PDA

View Full Version : Driver Disc

LightsOut486
08-16-2013, 06:32 AM
I apologize ahead of time if if this is the incorrect forum to post this.

The box to my ROG Asus G75vw was thrown away and my driver disc along with it. I am wishing to uninstall windows 8 and instead install windows 7. Is it possible to get another driverdisc? or make one?

Thanks ahead of time for the help!

HiVizMan
08-16-2013, 10:03 AM
You can navigate to the support page of your notebook and then use the download function to create your own driver disc with the latest and upto date drivers.

timbuk2
08-16-2013, 03:40 PM
You mean by downloading each one and burning to Disc? Tech Support told me not to download these outdated drivers, but to use the ones with the links he sent me, which was the same ones. :-( LOL I almost installed Win7 on my new ASUS G75VX-TS72 with Win8, and boy am I glad I didn't. I downloaded and installed Classic Shell and it's awesome having both, just wished the audio on this machine didn't suck. I'm currently researching that topic in this forum and see if there is any way to improve terrible sound quality on this machine.

Tom Tromboni
08-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Download your Driver Disc G75VW from here
http://www.asustreiber.de/downloads/viewdownload/40-windows-8/748-g75vw-treiber-dvd

Greetings TOM

GottiBoi55
08-18-2013, 01:23 AM

The box to my ROG Asus G75vw was thrown away and my driver disc along with it. I am wishing to uninstall windows 8 and instead install windows 7. Is it possible to get another driverdisc? or make one?

You can download Win7 drivers for your G75VW>>> HERE

(http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G75VW/#support_Download_30)
PS: stick with BIOS v.210, works best for me IMHO!

Zygomorphic
08-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Just download from their website, except for the nVidia drivers, which you can get from nVidia. Yes, I've gotten a few of those interesting bits of help from tech support - sending me a zip file which was missing 20% of its contents.

cl-Albert
08-19-2013, 04:44 PM

If you still have the original ASUS factory image, check your C: drive for the 'eSupport' folder.
It has a copy of your driver disk (as well as user manual) and just burn the files to a DVD to create a driver disk.
Not sure if it will have both Win8 and Win7 drivers, but it might and check the flielist.txt file for more details which you can use to compare with the Win7 drivers posted on the ASUS download site.
The ASUS download site will have the latest approved drivers, so you may still want to check it when necessary.