PDA

View Full Version : G75VX issues (monitor and backlights)

darkhello
08-17-2013, 08:24 AM
I'll get straight to the chase. I bought this from Newegg as a referbed model. I don't want to RMA it but I will if I absolutely need to. I love everything about it EXCEPT two things.

Keyboard: I have no backlights on my keyboard or something. I have tried FN+F4, FN+F3, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent ATK version, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the Keyboard driver, no luck. The keyboard doesn't flash after POST. I updated my BIOS to 206 from 204. No luck. Any suggestions?

Monitor: I have the dreaded black horizontal lines when the contrast is very low. I have zero idea how to fix this other than to RMA it. I have no ideas, but does anyone else have a fix for this. The internet seems to say there's a fix but I haven't found it yet.

Any suggestions, guys? Trying to not RMA this and not dismantle my laptop.

Pitcher@asus
08-19-2013, 06:47 AM
i think you say it is refurb, about KB, i think it is damage KB light, so you press Fn +F3/F4 no function, about monitor, i think you can install new driver try again, but if you can do the dismantle, you can check FPC cable or connecter, but i suggest you send to RMA to check, i think it will save more time to find solution by youself, if want to change parts, it is more convenient.