PDA

View Full Version : g60jx fan running full throttle while powered on..

nathanr504
08-21-2011, 10:28 PM
While playing bfbc2 my g60jx started to lag..2 or 3 seconds later my screen went white and the sounds of being kicked played threw my speakers. The screen remained white but the in game mouse pointer was still present. I couldn't get it to respond. When hitting control alt deleter nothing happened and remained on white screen with pointer. I shut down my computer..Turned my computer back on and fan has been on full throttle since this happened. Both plugged in and on battery. Fan was at full throttle when this situation started. A while back I think I remember that at least this model's fan control was by a thermistor and was hardwired into the mobo. I may have dreamed this...Don't get me wrong I love the fact that it's running full throttle. My in game temps have dropped by nearly 15 degrees celcius...always found it annoying and unnecessary to throttle fan speed. What I don't love is if what I think I read is true that if it's hardware controlled, why is it doing this after 15 months of ownership? anyone ran into this? I've had no other issues with this computer other than battery replacement and video driver problems. I've tried multiple restarts, full shut downs..same issue.

nathanr504
08-22-2011, 06:15 AM
After a microsoft update my computer has decided that any time the gpu core temp is above 50 degrees celcius the fan needs to also be wide open. This is interesting...bfbc2 is also crashing about half hour into gameplay. Temps are good. Restarting the game gets me another half hour. This fan issue started with battlefield crashing.

Chastity@ASUS
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Try rolling back to before the update :)

nathanr504
08-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Didnt change anything. The fan goes full throttle when obove 50 degrees C. Another thing is that when battlefield crashes my grafix core mem and shaders underclock and requires a restart to get them to throttle back up. I'm trying to find out exactly how the fan is controlled.

nathanr504
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Discovered it was video drivers...havnt ran into anymore battlefield crashing. Going to stick with new driver since it keeps fan at full throttle above 50 C. Normal use doesn't get it about 50 C. Loud as **** when I'm in a game but thats what the volume knob is for haha. I'm suprised I havn't herd of this happening before...cheers