PDA

View Full Version : g75 video card problem

leathaldose
08-18-2013, 01:11 AM
ok this is my second ROG in less then 1 year. BOTH had the same problem, except this time the dvd drive still works i think....

Any way, heres the problem 2 weeks ago I could play any game at high resolution and it would play fine, NOW i cant even get popcap games I get this message 3D Acceleration can not be enabled on this computer. Your video card does not meet the minimum requirements for this game. Same thing for World of warcraft, went from high res awesomeness to noob sauce low settings that still lag on spells, and water collisions. everything played perfectly fine from april 2013 to about 2 weeks ago then everything went to crap.

I have not installed anything new, and i have not changed any hardware. I cant even multitask on this thing any more, I used to be able to use 3ds max, maya, and mud box at the same time.... now i cant even watch a movie and load 3ds max. with out the movie turning into a pixalated rainbow of particle barf.
Its always plugged into the wall, very rarely is it used mobile.

g75vx, nvidia 670mx 8gigram 1tb hdd....

Dreamonic
08-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Which graphics driver are you using? Do you have ASUS Live Update installed? Possible it installed another driver and there was an error during the process resulting in a corrupt driver.

It's performing like no driver is installed even if it shows to be installed.

Clean install with the 320.00 drivers from ASUS site before going to NVIDIA's latest.

leathaldose
08-18-2013, 02:41 AM
no, I don't do any type of auto updates.. That's how 99.5% of your **** gets ****ed up.

hellowold
08-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Have a look at your gforce driver (maybe it got updated by nvidia auto update suite).
If it's 320.x or 326.x you may have such problems (it's already known by nvidia for month for several gforce mobile cards).

Try using version 314.22 -> the most stable driver for now.

leathaldose
08-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I would like to repeat my other statement on the fact I DO NOT ALLOW ANYTHING TO AUTO UPDATE! So NO it is not a driver issue. Nothing on my system auto updates at all, not windows, not software, not drivers not even do I update, i live in the past relying on oranges and jars with electrodes for power. I still eat rocks, and live in the woods, SO NOTHING UPDATES EVER. if it works, wtf you doing fixing it with an update.

99.5% of the pc problems stem from an auto update of any sort.

Dreamonic
08-18-2013, 02:18 PM
You are being disrespectful to the help here and avoiding the suggestions offered.

What have you done to try to resolve the problem other than telling us you don't update anything?

leathaldose
08-19-2013, 03:17 AM
I was hoping some one had a similiar issue and had a resolve for it, not telling me to check auto updates. Not trying to be disrespectful. asus live update is installed but not used. I am on a cell connection so nothing updates unless i am hardlined and thats only about once or twice every few months. I wasted 2 hours of my time during the first post downloading and installing the latest update from nvidia. that did nothing but add a couple new icons to my desktop.

what i am trying to point out here, but no one seems to understand or maybe i am not explaining it correctly....

There have been no updates on this system since april, I am a firm believer in if its not broken DONT fix it.
I play world of warcraft daily from average 5am to 9pm at night every day 7 days a week, because i have no life. I got injured on a job a few years ago.... now i get to play video games all day and watch the world go by outside.
I get tired of people assuming its an auto update, not reading what i had said about updates, on the off chance that i have made a mistake and something auto updated. highly unlikely.
The driver I had last night... was 3.14 something, the update i installed last night was 3.20 something. still same problem, in fact i had to drop the settings on WOW one more time from GOOD, to Fair... and still nasty laggy graphics..

leathaldose
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I have seen on some other laptops where there is a switch of sort that can change from onboard graphics to the video card for power saving, do these Asus G75 have one of those mystery switch's that they never told any one about?

Clintlgm
08-19-2013, 08:12 PM
No the onboard Graphic are not enabled on the G Series.

Valon1982
08-19-2013, 08:30 PM
hi, the game is installed on pc ssd or hdd I guess and no playing just from dvd rom! if is true I thing you have to reinstall the game!!

leathaldose
08-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Its not the game its hardware it has to do with the video card. and the system. Thus is why i had mentioned all the different programs That i USE on this laptop, Not only do I play video games on it I also design games on it as well.

all installed on the stock hdd that came with the laptop.

Reinstall the game? now there is some thing thats not going to happen. 30gig install... that would have to be downloaded over wifi worse then dial up.. I dont feel like wasting my time for the next 6 months.