PDA

View Full Version : G46VW Charging Issues

DecadenceFTW
08-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Hello all,

I bought my wife a G46VW and recently began seeing some issues. When she is playing WoW, the adapter gets insanely hot, and will stop charging, as you would expect for safety reasons. After it cools off and she plugs it back in, it will start charging and then cycle on/off every second constantly. As you can imagine, this doesn't bode well, as the low battery message in Windows 8 just pops up every couple of seconds saying your computer is on battery and is about to die. If she closes out of everything she is doing and just lets the computer stay at the main Windows screen, it will charge. I have her making sure she has the latest drivers/BIOS/firmware/etc at this time, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before? It has done this twice so far, and I'm willing to buy a new power adapter if that is in fact the issue. Thanks for the assistance. See specs below:

G46VW:

Processor: Core i-5
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: GTX 660M
HDD: 750GB 7500RPM SATA

Pitcher@asus
08-19-2013, 06:20 AM
i suggest you send adapter to service center to check, i think adapter have warranty also.

DecadenceFTW
09-06-2013, 12:21 AM
I got a new adapter. However, I have an additional issue now. I'll address that elsewhere though. :) Thanks!