PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problem - Asus G53SW-A1 running at half capacity.

anvancy
08-19-2013, 05:26 PM
So for the past 2 weeks or so, the charging light is blinking green orange constant when the jack is in. The Battery is running basic at half capacity. the laptop runs from 100% to 50% and then at exactly 50% the laptop shuts down completely without warning.

I have observed that removing the battery and reinserting it shifts the light to orange and again the battery charges to its real half capacity.Windows shows as 100% fully charged which I find it odd.

Tried the fully drained method and recharged.Still stuck at 50% capacity.

HWInfo does show a suitable wear percentage.

So change of battery is the sole solution?

Thanks

Anvancy

Peregrine
08-20-2013, 06:45 PM
How long have you had it?

http://www.battdepot.com/model/asus/g53/las237.aspx

A friend of mine swears by these batteries. No one else offers a 2 year warranty on a battery, but you have to buy the more expensive one(41.00).

anvancy
08-21-2013, 11:35 AM
How long have you had it?

http://www.battdepot.com/model/asus/g53/las237.aspx

A friend of mine swears by these batteries. No one else offers a 2 year warranty on a battery, but you have to buy the more expensive one(41.00).

I am using it since November 2011.

Is the battery covered under the warranty umbrella or will it be tagged under wear and tear?

Being in India My option will be to visit the service center and have a talk.I doubt if I will get the replacement battery since G53 series is shut down now.

Anvancy

Pitcher@asus
08-22-2013, 07:47 AM
i think you will check your warranty first, you can call to service center to ask.

Zygomorphic
08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
Battery wear is considered wear and tear on the laptop, since by the very nature of a Lithium-Ion battery being used wears out the battery. However, I would recommend that you contact ASUS about a branded replacement battery, since the modern laptop batteries often have smart-charging technologies that don't recognize non-branded batteries. I think you can still get a battery from ASUS, since they will still repair the laptop, even though they no longer manufacture them.

Peregrine
08-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Quite sure a generic battery will do just fine, especially the one I linked.

Even if the laptop has a 2 year warranty I doubt the battery is covered since most batteries start to degrade after about a year.

cl-Albert
08-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Even if the laptop has a 2 year warranty I doubt the battery is covered since most batteries start to degrade after about a year.

Yes, most of the notebooks sold in the U.S. and Canada only have 1-year battery warranty even when the rest of the notebook has 2-year warranty, but verify with ASUS support (http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en) if you want to be sure.

anvancy
09-04-2013, 01:38 PM
It seems changing the battery might do the job. i will visit the service center and check.

Anvancy

Zygomorphic
09-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Good luck, let me know how it goes, if there are any issues - and especially if everything goes well for you! :)

anvancy
10-28-2014, 10:12 AM
So India Asus RMA system just did not work out. I had placed an replacement order for my battery on 14th October. After constant follow up the service center said Asus india main HO mailed back saying the battery is not in stock anywhere and they themselves dont know when and if they will order a replacement battery.utter shock.

Now my only option seems to be third party batteries off amazon. Which ones are good?any links?are those LB1 batteries good?

Thanks
Anvancy