PDA

View Full Version : New Laptop. Proper Battery handling

OSUbuckeye
08-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Whenever I get a new piece of electronic battery equipped item (phone, laptop, tablet) I am used to the old... keep it plugged in without using it overnight and let the battery charge fully.
Let it discharge fully under normal and constant use.

After that just leave it as high as you can unless you need to re-calibrate the power consumption meter.

With that said... I really want to start the moment the laptop gets home, to install fresh windows, drivers, etc...

Is my battery knowledge out of date?
could I just plop in my fully charged G73's battery into the new G75 instead?
Can I use the old G73 as a charger for the new G75 battery?

Clintlgm
08-19-2013, 06:42 PM
yep drop it in and forget it.
G73 AC Adapter I think may be under powered for a G75 You Can check the voltages and Amps, I could be wrong on this I don't have a G73

GottiBoi55
08-20-2013, 12:03 AM
The answer to the first question is yes, it should be up to date.
The second one, is no and no, the battery is different for both models, plus the G73's power adapter is under powered for the G75.

Just keep your G75 plugged into its power adapter while running window update first.
Then you can check for other updates! (You can check for Asus updates from the Asus support page)
I would uninstall 'Asus Update utility", many here has had big problems with it!
(Mostly failed auto "BIOS flashing")

If you are going to flash the BIOS to the latest version, use EZ-Flash in BIOS to do so.
(windows BIOS flash is not recommended by most here, EZ-Flash yields better results)

PS: Welcome to ROG forum!