PDA

View Full Version : My Refurbished ROG laptop and RMA Nightmare

Memocan
08-21-2013, 02:47 AM
I purchased a refurbished ROG ASUS (G51J) laptop on the 11th for my son as a birthday gift. It arrived on the 13th.

Needless to say we were both excited, but our excitement was short lived. Right off the bat I was unable to activate windows 7. It wasn't pre-activated, and the window sticker below the laptop was actually a Windows XP sticker. Even if the laptop came with Windows XP, the sticker was smudged so badly that it was simply unreadable.

But that was just the tip of the ice berg. As soon as windows started I got a pop up stating there were driver issues. After 10 minutes I noticed that the battery wasn't recharging. Took the battery out and noticed a dent (strange yes) underneath the left side with the label also peeling off. It clearly looked like a dead or bad battery. After 15 mins, the laptop simply shut off. Did everything and simply couldn't get it back to turn on.

I called ASUS and got an RMA ticket (USG9384730) after talking to a rather rude associate.

Got the Laptop back (today), and noticed immediately there was a chunk missing (about the size of nickel) on the right side of lcd panel right next to the hinge (See link below the paragraph). Clearly who ever worked on the laptop didn't give a rats. I WAS LIVID. I Called ASUS immediately and they wanted pictures from me. The guy I talked to wanted me send an e-mail to, asus_cc@asus.com, and write this on the subject line "RECEIVED NOTEBOOK DAMAGE FROM SERVICE REPAIR 2895398." I have no idea when they will respond ...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/32pu.jpg/

All in all, since the 13th I've had this laptop in my possession for maybe MAYBE little over 2 hours and within maybe 30 minutes of usage time. This was my first ASUS and last ever. Part of me is venting part of is trying to do everything i can to get this people to do there job correctly and get me a decent working and looking laptop (No the seller will not accept it). Even than though my gut says it's a lemon. I think this laptop is problems waiting to happen and with only 90 days warranty I probably made the mistake of buying it. 2) I have very little faith they can give me a laptop that can either run or look properly 3) There is no joy in it anymore, and I blame the wonderful experience on ASUS :(

chrsplmr
08-21-2013, 03:13 AM
WOW .. forward this and RMA #'s ect. to cl-Albert via private message above under 'inbox'.
Best of Luck. Welcome to ROG.c.

billyray520
08-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I bought my G73Sw refurbished off of Ebay, and I was nervous to be sure. However everything worked and appeared correctly.

It's a gamble buying "refurbished." Did you buy directly from Asus? Who?

As for getting your notebook back with broken parts, that's pretty bad. Are you in the USA?

Pitcher@asus
08-22-2013, 07:17 AM
could you send message to me, about name, phone no, RMA no, SN, case no...etc...i will find someone to contact with you.