PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - G74SX Wifi Adapter Upgrade

EuphoricAlex
08-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi guys,

I posted this on the tech talk / builds forum but I was recommended to post it here as well.

I'm interested in replacing my network adapter on my G74SX notebook.
This is my first time doing anything technical (read: fiddling with hardware) so can I get some help with how to go about uninstalling the current card and installing the new one?

Also, which adapter would you guys recommend to be the replacement adapter? I've heard good things about the Intel 6230 and the Intel 6300.

Cheers

Pitcher@asus
08-22-2013, 03:17 AM
why do you need replace wifi card? are you get problem or? i think you can search a little bit here, many people post here, how to change wifi card and what card is good.

EuphoricAlex
08-22-2013, 08:36 AM
why do you need replace wifi card? are you get problem or? i think you can search a little bit here, many people post here, how to change wifi card and what card is good.

My wifi card is causing my internet connection to drop out frequently. I've talked to asus and they've offered a repair for 7-10 working days but a) I don't want to wait that long due to work and b) they would replace it with an identical part which I do not like very much.

In this instance I'd much rather just replace the card myself.

I've seen posts about which cards are good, but no explicit details for how someone inexperienced like me could replace the part. If you have seen posts such as this please direct me to them.