PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Crashes on Load...

iweber95
08-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Ever time I try to play bf3 it crashes on the loading screen. My computer is more then enough powerful to play this game and I cant fin any fixes on the internet.

Anyone has any ideas on how to help this?

abeepak1
08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Define "crash on load", does anything pop up? does it stop responding? crash to desktop or do you have to manually end task? black screen? You need to be more descriptive for us to get what may be going on...

P.S. Are you Overclocking by anychance? How good is your internet connection while downloading?

iweber95
08-21-2013, 10:47 PM
The game crashes and a little window come up that says "Battlefield 3 has stopped working." Then is says "windows is looking for a solution to the problem."

iweber95
08-21-2013, 10:48 PM
I have pretty decent internet and I have tried running the game both overclocked and stock clocked

Chino
08-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Did this just happened recently or did BF3 worked before?

iweber95
08-21-2013, 11:18 PM
The first time I tried to play it happened after a day or two of trying I gave up. About a week later I tried it and it worked. Then the next day I tried to play it again and it didn't work. I have no idea why this is happening and there arnt really and descriptions on how to fix this on the internet or at

Prostar Computer
08-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Has Windows found a solution for you yet? :p

It probably has nothing to do with your system specs, and is more likely an issue with the install or another software conflict. Is your video driver up to date?

iweber95
08-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes I have all the Windows updates and my Nvidia is the latest supported version.

abeepak1
08-22-2013, 12:08 AM
Probably a corrupt game file or a bad sector on the game's data. I'd recommend a clean redownload and reinstall. Also check if punkbuster is up to date. Are you crashing in the middle of the loading proccess or an immediate crash upon the appearance of loading screen?

iweber95
08-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Ive done 3 clean install/downloads to no avail :/

abeepak1
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Believe it or not, I actually had some problems myself as well, during a few downloads and installs through origin, my Battlefield 3 would not launch whatsoever. It's the "Initializing" problem so to speak. Therefore I pursued multiple ways to solve the issue, Declock my machine, clean windows install, everything. Except one day, I decided to sit down and watch as BF3 was downloading, I noticed that at times the percentage value during the download would jump down, say from 25% to 22%, due to some unknown reasons. After contemplating the possibilities, I've determined that it was due to a corrupt downloaded batch; which would have been caused by a faulty or a bad connection. While the possibilities were rather minute, since all other internet functions are doing fine, even packet loss testing and other file downloads are doing good as well. I decided not to ignore it. The next day, I called in the troubleshooting team from my ISP, they ran the check from the node till the front of my house. No problem thus far. But as soon as we ran a check from the front of the house to my room on the second floor, a problem was spotted. The noise value of the coaxial line was unusually high. Upon inspection, it was revealed that the splitter ends were oxidized and a section of the line had a small puncture. By all means, this would seem normal for an aged or a used wire, seen in many homes with no complaints whatsoever, though upon changing that particular section of the wire, everything was fixed right up. No more bad batch downloaded from origin, reinstalled Battlefield 3 and no problems ever since.

Now long story short, cutting right to the moral of the story; never settle with decent, nor settle the case without looking into all possibilities. Sometimes, the most unlikely will prove to the be origin of issues.

By the way, do you have Anti Viruses turned on? Windows Defender included. And please answer the questions in my previous responses thoroughly as that will help me, help you troubleshoot your problems in an easier fashion.