PDA

View Full Version : 3D Display vs Nvidia 3D Compatible Display?

Draetor24
08-21-2013, 10:06 PM
So my understanding is that you need a 3D display to play games in 3D (along with the glasses of course). But it seems like Asus' product specs for the G750JH state the matte display is Nvidia 3D compatible. What does this even mean? Can you still view in 3D if you purchased a 3D kit with a regular 2D display?

17.3" 16:9 FHD EWV LED Backlight/Full HD 3D(1920x1080 120Hz) Non-Glare LCD Panel (Optional)

That line shows up for the specs for the G750JH-DB72-CA in Canada. When I called the retailer asking if the 3D screen was an option and available, they state it will possibly be available in a future model.

When I speak to Asus, they said the 3D screen may never even come to the region and there's no date.

It seems like 3D displays for this laptop are a myth!

iweber95
08-21-2013, 11:10 PM
the 3d display is the 120Hz glossy screen
the 60Hz matte is non 3d

if your laptop has the 120Hz screen and you have glasses then you can play games in 3d

hope this helps :)

Shawnnepc
08-21-2013, 11:48 PM
So my understanding is that you need a 3D display to play games in 3D (along with the glasses of course). But it seems like Asus' product specs for the G750JH state the matte display is Nvidia 3D compatible. What does this even mean? Can you still view in 3D if you purchased a 3D kit with a regular 2D display?

That line shows up for the specs for the G750JH-DB72-CA in Canada. When I called the retailer asking if the 3D screen was an option and available, they state it will possibly be available in a future model.

When I speak to Asus, they said the 3D screen may never even come to the region and there's no date.

It seems like 3D displays for this laptop are a myth!

There's supposed to be a few models sold in Europe that support 3D.

3D isn't doing well in the N.American market so I don't think we'll see a 3D ASUS laptop here.

Flea0
08-22-2013, 12:50 AM
the funny part is that as a 3D model owner I am mostly enjoying the non-3D properties of the panel, aka great brightness, good contrast and the lack of the grainy matte treatment that has so many people complaining (I didn't have a particular opinion until I read it causes rainbowish flecks around text like a cell phone screen protector)