PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the "benchmark" button to work on GPUTweak

warmmilk
08-22-2013, 02:59 AM
GPUTweak has a benchmark button on it (see pic below, circled in blue)

when I click on it a window pops up that says cannot open application... I've tried reinstalling GPUTweak, still the same thing...

HiVizMan
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Sorry mate I have no idea, I have not used GPU tweak in ages. Consider this a free bump.

May I ask what it is you wish to do, you wish to check the stability of your VGA OC? If yes then a good test is to run CInibench VGA.

Menthol
08-22-2013, 11:54 AM
MSI After Burner uses MSI Kombuster and EVGA uses OC Scanner for benchmak, testing, when you click the test button they launch the test program, I believe they are both based off of the same program.
ASUS Tweak I believe is a proprietary program by ASUS, I do not know if there is a program that that button would launch or not, seems strange if it wouldn't, those programs basically just overheat your VGA without having a real purpose similar to other stability programs that don't really prove stability in real use

warmmilk
08-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Sorry mate I have no idea, I have not used GPU tweak in ages. Consider this a free bump.

May I ask what it is you wish to do, you wish to check the stability of your VGA OC? If yes then a good test is to run CInibench VGA.

I was looking for something to do a stability test for overclocking my card (see response to post below for more info)

Do you mean Cinebench and run the OpenGL test? tried googling "CInibench VGA" and it corrected to Cinebench.

MSI After Burner uses MSI Kombuster and EVGA uses OC Scanner for benchmak, testing, when you click the test button they launch the test program, I believe they are both based off of the same program.
ASUS Tweak I believe is a proprietary program by ASUS, I do not know if there is a program that that button would launch or not, seems strange if it wouldn't, those programs basically just overheat your VGA without having a real purpose similar to other stability programs that don't really prove stability in real use

Yes, I've discovered that furmark is useless for stability testing. Got to 1246 on my DCUII 780 without upping the voltage, just boost clock and power target, on furmark. Then I launch Tomb Raider and it crashes before I even get to the main menu.
So I was thinking whatever Asus intended to put there might work, but if its just another version of furmark I don't really needed.

Basically I'm looking for something to test stability of my gfx OC without having to launch and close the game with every change. Is the OpenGL test on Cinebench good for this? Or is alt-tabbing out of a game fine for this?

HiVizMan
08-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Correct the OpenGL test is what I am referring too.

warmmilk
08-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I tried Cinebench's OpenGL. It doesn't really load up the graphics card much... it was only running in the 7xx MHz range during the bench. Is there anything else you can suggest?

B0UJI
08-28-2013, 03:46 AM
There's an option in settings to point to a benchmark program of your choice. By default it just has "C:\ABC.EXE". Change that to whatever Benchmark you want to use, like furmark or Heaven.

warmmilk
08-28-2013, 06:24 PM
There's an option in settings to point to a benchmark program of your choice. By default it just has "C:\ABC.EXE". Change that to whatever Benchmark you want to use, like furmark or Heaven.

oh, thats actaully pretty cool.

Where exactly do I find that to change it?

B0UJI
09-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Should just be under the first page of settings.

skellattarr
09-08-2013, 08:51 PM
its under the tune tab in settings on the second tab in there called tunesettings