PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the G750jx what else to know

Chris Y
08-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Greetings'

My name is Chris and I just came back from an Asus store in my home town Australia in Perth..
What I would love some feedback on is(and what I tried to ask the sales man but didn't help much)
what are the first things I need to do and know when I start my laptop for the first time.. I say this because I know that
in the passed my laptop always reminded me to do a recover something, like put a disc in or something.. I don't know
the deal.

I just want to know what are the important things I need to do, like install drivers or etc. Also this comes with Win 8 premium if I am correct,, is it better for performance to change to win8 pro or ult?, whats the deal there, and to change to another version of win 8 do I have to pay? I just want performance and longevity with my laptop.. also I play games, not business work.

Sorry for the messiness, and I would love feedback asap:)
Cheers

Flea0
08-22-2013, 12:01 PM
check for build quality issues so you can get it quickly replaced by the shop if there's a problem. make sure there are no weird panel gaps, rattling sounds, dead pixels, bleeding backlight or malfunctioning ports. also, get a 16gb usb key and use asus backtracker to turn it into a recovery drive in case you need to restore everything to its original state. No, upgrading Windows 8 will not affect performance in any way.

Chris Y
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Oh good to know upgrading win8 wont be beneficial for me.

I will check all u said.. what do u mean by bleeding BL? also I am assuming asus backtracker is within my un opened laptop :)
One big question for me though since I don't know all the average stuff, please point me to a tutorial or your input to
turning a storage usb into a recover drive, and why 16gb? is that all it needs? and last lol briefly share on what will really be being saved or done into the usb? so I know what im doing too.. cheers :)

Flea0
08-22-2013, 01:36 PM
bleeding backlight means that if you look at a black picture you can see the light coming in from the sides of the screen. google some pictures and you'll see what I mean. Asus Backtracker needs to be downloaded, again google will be your friend. It needs a drive with at least 16 gb because that is what it needs to store the entire windows and default programs installation. just follow the instructions the program gives you and you'll be fine. keep in mind that whatever device you use to store the recovery WILL BE FORMATTED AND ALL EXISTING DATA WIPED once you give Backtracker the permission to do so at the beginning of the procedure.

Symho
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Greetings'

My name is Chris and I just came back from an Asus store in my home town Australia in Perth..
What I would love some feedback on is(and what I tried to ask the sales man but didn't help much)
what are the first things I need to do and know when I start my laptop for the first time.. I say this because I know that
in the passed my laptop always reminded me to do a recover something, like put a disc in or something.. I don't know
the deal.

I just want to know what are the important things I need to do, like install drivers or etc. Also this comes with Win 8 premium if I am correct,, is it better for performance to change to win8 pro or ult?, whats the deal there, and to change to another version of win 8 do I have to pay? I just want performance and longevity with my laptop.. also I play games, not business work.

Sorry for the messiness, and I would love feedback asap:)
Cheers

Hi Chris, sorry I had bought a G750JX on 09/08/2013. I had noticed two issue, can you post a photo similar to these (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36351-Factory-Quality-of-ASUS&country=&status=)? Thank you!

Fred@Asus
08-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I'd suggest downloading the Asus Backtracker. Its always a good ideas to create a backup.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=asus+backtracker&hashedid=n%2fa

Symho
08-22-2013, 06:11 PM
I'd suggest downloading the Asus Backtracker. Its always a good ideas to create a backup.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=asus+backtracker&hashedid=n%2fa

Thanks! So I must refund my note?

Chris Y
08-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Hi Chris, sorry I had bought a G750JX on 09/08/2013. I had noticed two issue, can you post a photo similar to these (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?36351-Factory-Quality-of-ASUS&country=&status=)? Thank you!

Here is the first picture with a shut screen view2532625327 and the second is the bottom panel. I have noticed the first picture is similar to yours, but my panel is not damaged. i hope it helps and please give feedback too :)

Chris

cristian.g
08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
first of all check if you have the flickering problem on gray backgrounds. i returned first one, but second one had same issue. didnt returned it, but installed ASUS splendid colours, a color patch that is found on their webpage, and created custom resolution @99Hz and it's fine. otherwise I LOVE IT :D

Chris Y
08-23-2013, 11:53 AM
thank you! i will do that. and the backup is done right away? after you boot the pc?

Symho
08-23-2013, 02:13 PM
My G750 will go on RMA. I received the form. Well, I don't know if I'll buy a new G750...

Chris Y
08-24-2013, 07:57 AM
I am really sorry to hear that :( , i just finished updating all of the vital things from windows update, except drivers.. and everything is really fine
over here. No bleeding lights, screen dots, grey background issues, all i can think of right now. Really glad atm. You should pray to God
to support your next buy lol as i did and all seems great. All the best, and keep in touch with your RMA

Symho
08-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Here is the first picture with a shut screen view2532625327 and the second is the bottom panel. I have noticed the first picture is similar to yours, but my panel is not damaged. i hope it helps and please give feedback too :)

Chris

Yes! Thank you! Howevere how you had read I must refund... if I will decide it is be new G750 or other note (not ASUS).

Sayid_Jarah
01-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Christian how did u get away with 99hz? i can only get to 65 stable at 1080p on a 60hz model?

any input much appreciated thanks

getjohnalive
01-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Hi Christian how did u get away with 99hz? i can only get to 65 stable at 1080p on a 60hz model?

any input much appreciated thanks

hey Sayid, how did you get 65hz, my G750JX with ChiMei Display without 3D only let me change to 40HZ and 60HZ. maybe I think we don't have the same Diplay model, is that right?