PDA

View Full Version : Installing drivers and updating Bios

Starsunited
08-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Hey guys,

So I purchased the G750JX a few weeks ago and I noticed that there are new drivers on the rog website(I know, I should have done this earlier). Could someone tell me how to Install the updates? Esp. the graphics, audio and Bios(detailed instructions I mean, I am a newbie to all this).

Also do you think it is worth installing Asus Live update ?

Thanks,
Stars

fab5yo
08-22-2013, 09:32 PM
so what happens if i have windows 8 do i just go to ASUS support site and install the update that way. Also is it necessary to uninstall the old drive and install the news one by one . Why can't i just install them with old drive in. wouldn't it fix it self and update to he new any help because i just go mine G750jx yesterday and i really don't what route to go and also there a 77 update on ASUS support site which should i update most import one atleast help please any ROG friends

Dream
08-22-2013, 10:57 PM
Be very careful updating the bios, you might even want to leave it alone.

If you want to update the audio driver, do a search on this forum for a fixed (and new) driver that leaves the MAXX audio intact.

Other than that, download the updates direct from ASUS and install, restart, install, etc. I've never had to manually uninstall a driver before installing a new one, its always done automatically. I have ASUS live update on my JX and it doesn't do anything at all ...

Starsunited
08-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Cool thanks :)

fab5yo
08-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Hey ROG thanks for all the helpful info. I did all the installs expect 3 i was have some trouble with these and i wanted to know if there a easier way to do the updates. (1) the wireless card update on Support ASUS 802.11 did not work at all all i kept get was a Error message on but kinds of updates on the wireless card Broadcomm ect. (2) I can't figure it out on how to update the Nvidia GTX770M. I know there a article already started about this update 320.49 And still can't get it any information would grateful and maybe an easier plan of attack would be better since i'm not that good with computer programming ect. i know a little but i'm not that advance. I did do the BETA update on the GTX but the other update 320.49 is way better help please(3) the BIOS i might not even mess with this one it look hard unless there is easier way. Thanks ROG for all the help.

Al_Jourgensen
09-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey ROG thanks for all the helpful info. I did all the installs expect 3 i was have some trouble with these and i wanted to know if there a easier way to do the updates. (1) the wireless card update on Support ASUS 802.11 did not work at all all i kept get was a Error message on but kinds of updates on the wireless card Broadcomm ect. (2) I can't figure it out on how to update the Nvidia GTX770M. I know there a article already started about this update 320.49 And still can't get it any information would grateful and maybe an easier plan of attack would be better since i'm not that good with computer programming ect. i know a little but i'm not that advance. I did do the BETA update on the GTX but the other update 320.49 is way better help please(3) the BIOS i might not even mess with this one it look hard unless there is easier way. Thanks ROG for all the help.

i had the same problem with the nvidia driver, laptop2go, have that driver, and you can put it, without being a beta version