PDA

View Full Version : G74SX appears to have given up the ghost

Manarius
08-23-2013, 01:23 AM
My G74 SX won't turn on. It was working earlier today and just decided to stop working. As it stands right now, the device won't turn on and the only thing the computer does is when the AC adapter is plugged in, the battery charge light blinks extremely fast with an amber color. Is it dead? Do I need to send it in?

Pitcher@asus
08-23-2013, 02:22 AM
when you unplug battery, is samw wont trun on? if yes, i think you will wait for a while, unplug battery, adapter, then plug again, if also can not power on, i think you will send to service center.

Manarius
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
when you unplug battery, is samw wont trun on? if yes, i think you will wait for a while, unplug battery, adapter, then plug again, if also can not power on, i think you will send to service center.I left it unplugged overnight with the battery out. I put the battery back in and plugged the ac adapter in. The charging light went solid amber but as soon as I went to turn it on, it went on for a brief second and turned off. The charging light then went back to this solid randomly blinking amber light.

OldNESJunkie
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
If you leave out the battery & try on A/C only, what happens??

Manarius
08-24-2013, 03:20 AM
If you leave out the battery & try on A/C only, what happens??Sadly the same thing. It just sits and has a very fast/random blinking amber light as the charging light. I have a bad feeling that something came loose or went bad in the charging circuit near the power outlet. The unit has since been sent to RMA @ Asus for repair. Hopefully it isn't too bad.