PDA

View Full Version : How to get fan rpm values?

Flea0
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I tried downloading HWinfo64 and checking all sensors but I cannot find any readings for the fan speeds. Any hints?

Dream
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
SpeedFan will show the CPU fan RPM, but not the GPU fan.

Prostar Computer
08-23-2013, 06:16 PM
I tried downloading HWinfo64 and checking all sensors but I cannot find any readings for the fan speeds. Any hints?

Yeah, HWiNFO is very good, though I've noticed it's not the best for fan information. Try SpeedFan or CPU-Z/GPU-Z.

Flea0
08-23-2013, 07:12 PM
SpeedfFan doesn't detect any fan...now I'm getting slightly worried. The other day I cleaned the vents using a compressed air can and was very careful not to let the fans spin up too much because I know there is a chance of damaging them otherwise. I should point out I can hear them working normally.

Flea0
08-26-2013, 11:46 AM
any hints?

cl-Albert
08-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I haven't been able to get any fan speeds from my G750Jx using Speedfan 4.49, GPU-Z 0.72, or CPU-Z 1.63, but can feel the fans running and the temperatures have been fine.
If you hear the fans and the temperatures are good, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Since your notebook design is based on stealth technology, it could be these third party programs are having problems detecting the fans (sorry, it's a bad joke and those programs may just need to be updated to detect the fans on this newer notebook series).

Well, hopefully someone can let us know if they can find a program that is able to detect G750 fan speeds, but for now, you probably just want to keep an eye on the temperatures and make sure you can hear or feel the fans spinning.

Prostar Computer
08-27-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if the problem is with the software developers for these third party applications, or just how the fan profile is coded. But hopefully something turns up so end-users can monitor the fans better. :)

LukeeVassallo
08-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Check asus website for monitoring software otherwise download a fan monitoring software, it should give you the rpm of all the fans that are running.