PDA

View Full Version : G75 mousepad too slow and sensitive

OSUbuckeye
08-23-2013, 01:03 PM
The mousepad is big... but it seems like the cursor barely moves. I can swipe across the entire cross section of the mousepad from left to right, and the pointer will only have moved 1/5 of the way through the screen.

Are there any settings to fix this?

Also, it seems uber sensitive to the lifting of the finger. In other words, every time I lift and drop my finger to "click" on something, it takes the cursor up a little during the lift and down on the click. This usually results in me clicking on the file below the intended target when browsing in windows explorer.

The G73 had an "unresponsive" mousepad. That was an issue caused by the poor use of tape under the pad to hold down some wiring during the manufacturing process. It was a simple fix (remove the tape). But the 75VX seems to have the exact opposite problem, waay too much response. Is there a fix for that?

I also notice that i seem to hit it on the top right corner and "click" when I'm typing.

Lastly, the "scroll" feature either doesn't work or is not activated when swiping up or down on the very right of the pad.

I installed the drivers from asus, should I re-install? or is this common?

Pitcher@asus
08-26-2013, 06:54 AM
reinstall touchpad to new driver, or try setting mouse properties.

Executor
08-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Also the scrolling is achieved by using 2 fingers anywhere on the touchpad, and not 1 on the side of the touchpad.

Additionally there should be an option to change mouse sensitivity speed in control panel, you may want to try to tweek it to your preferences.