PDA

View Full Version : upgrade G75VX CPU

mehdi.moha
08-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi everyone

i found that G75VX series have customized CPU ... and i want to upgrade my 3630 QM.

so. i need your experiences , is there any instruction , manual to how to upgrade my CPU by myself ? ( i don't care about Guaranty )

any help is appreciated . :)

SpasTaz0917
08-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Here is the guide I followed when I repasted mine:
http://youtu.be/z9KHrJKInmA

You should be able to follow the guide easily.

Then I would advise you to buy a new Wireless card while you are at it.
If you have the pos AR9485.

Totally optional and only if you're feeling adventurous..
if your GPU temps are high you could cleanse the old thermal paste and the molten silicon thermal pads :P
And give it a nice arctic MX-4

Btw I would recommend the Arctic MX-4 and the Arctic cleansing kit some Q-tips and lint free coffee filter to cleanse it with. For the CPU
And if you do the GPU I think the thermal pads are 1.0 mm or 1.5 mm I don't remember. It's somewhere in the forum.

mehdi.moha
08-26-2013, 09:55 AM
thank so much :)

another question ,
which CPU-model do you suggest ?

i just wanna upgrade the CPU, you know, i'm not the h/w profession as you are to change the other Hardware ;)

i already have 3630 QM .

with model is good for me without increasing temp ? (( i mean the recent FAN can support that ))

mehdi.moha
08-26-2013, 10:12 AM
OMG

i watchwed the video .
i think changing the CPU is too risky for me !

it better to just upgrade my ram from 16 GB to 32 GB . i hope the empty slot will be on the back , not anther the keyboard :)

do you know where is the empty slots ( by default ) ??

thank you

SpasTaz0917
08-26-2013, 11:25 AM
they are right there when you open the back plate

bidomo
12-20-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm very interested in upgrading the CPU, and I know how to deal with a laptop teardown, I'm used to it, I would like to know which would be the max CPU on this mobo, and I'm planning on doing a cooling station to hide a GPU which I plan to connect to the thundervolt.

Thanks in advance