PDA

View Full Version : R.A.T. 9 mouse problem on USB 3

AlexK661
08-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Now, I know this isn't the place to post this, but anywhere else I found this problem lead to no solution.
So it's like this: I bought a Mad Cats RAT 9 along with my G75VX. It worked fine at first, a little weird, but I thought that was just me.
Now, after 3 months, the cursors moves jerky and when it does that the battery meter goes from % to a crossed out battery.
The guys from mad cats are very nice to know about this problem, saying it's an USB 3 problem and I should move it to an USB 2 port, not that I have one. No driver updates have been released or any tweaks I can make to the port, that I know of.
Any one have any idea how to solve this or ever encounter this issue?

Clintlgm
08-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Well you don't mention is your running wireless or wired? if wireless check out this links (http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf)

AlexK661
08-25-2013, 08:51 PM
It's a wireless mouse, all rat 9 are wireless.
I re installed the OS and it worked for about 10 minutes. I turned it around now( as in 180* from it's initial position) and haven't seen much activity yet... thinking it might be some imperfect contact or maybe a broken cable. I would put interference at the end of the list since it worked fine for about 3 months in that exact same position.
Thanks for the link though, will definitely give it a thorough look.

korimitsu
10-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Mad Catz mouses only support officially USB 2.0. Use some USB Hub.

httuner
10-08-2016, 06:23 AM
I have a R.A.T 3 and no problems;

I think your Mouse is failing_ The sensor (light) on the bottom is probably on its way out. Not a common problem but it does happen;

I suggest if you have another computer to try it on another computer and see if the same problem persists; if you still have the same problem then yes your mouse is failing;

If not then you got a bad USB port or somethings being buggy (USB drivers; ect.) ; maybe try cleaning the contacts? rubbing alcohol and a q-tip would work.