PDA

View Full Version : SSD install fresh on g750

leathaldose
08-27-2013, 02:22 AM
Will some one please give me step by step instructions on installing an SSD, not the hardware side, Setting the bios and gettin the asus backtracker to install on a fresh ssd.

I just installed an SSD on my g75sx Flawlessly I might add, However my room mate bought the g750 and left out of town for a few days and wants to upgrade to the new ssd, but I cant see it, and he is computer stupid. so I need something I can just send him to read. Please help.

Pitcher@asus
08-27-2013, 06:22 AM
do you want to clean install or ghost to new ssd?

Gamebouncer
08-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Can't you just create recovery disks then replace hard drive and run recovery from DVD's

LukeeVassallo
08-27-2013, 08:33 PM
If you want to install the operating system go to bios and set boot from disc drive. Hit any key when promted and follow onscreen instructions to format and install on the ssd..

cruzin_cruzing
08-28-2013, 08:26 AM
You'll need some kind of cloning tool installed on to a USB or Disk, then just boot from the BIOS and then should be pretty straight-forward.

Jeracan
08-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi!

I've just done the same and used Asus Backtracker, just google that. Worked flawlessly for me. It copied/made an image of my standard disk and stored it on a usb device and after I just booted up and started the W8 install from the usb.