PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for Driver Problem in G46VW

Nero-G
08-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi guys, I really need your help with my laptop. I just installed the Nvidia Geforce driver 314.22 version because the latest 320.49 had trouble running some of my games like League of Legends. During the installation, the screen flickered and went blank and I thought it was not a problem and just some installation process.

After the PC restart, it went to the startup screen, I can input my password and boot into the Start Menu screen, but everytime I want to go to desktop, the screen flickered, turn blank and then it goes back to the password screen. After few times of repeating that process, now it just goes blank.

So I thought of rolling back the driver installation to get my lappy back in running but BAM, I don't know how this UEFI system works, totally blur. I'm not a tech genius or something, so I would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to guide me into safe booting this thing and to do a driver rollback or a system restore, at least till I can get back to my desktop.

EDIT: it seems the problem has just gotten worse, now after trying to restart the PC for the fourth time to get into BIOS by pressing F2, the lappy just shuts down after the power button light turn on. Why is this happening?

SpasTaz0917
08-27-2013, 04:13 PM
should help you boot into safe mode ;)
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-boot-into-windows-8-safe-mode/

when you're in safe mode uninstall the driver

Nero-G
08-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Thx for the reply, but the problem now is that my laptop won't even turn on. I mean when I press the power button, the light does turn on but then about 2 seconds later it shuts back down again. What is going on? I'm getting a really bad premonition. FYI, the battery is full, the laptop isn't overheating since it has a cooling pad and in an air-conditioned room.

Btw, I've tried to do that method in your link before this but it seems that even by trying to run msconfig will end up at the black screen. Shift+f8 doesn't get me to the recovery screen either. :(

Pitcher@asus
08-28-2013, 02:32 AM
so you mean your problem occur after install new NVIDIA driver? i think you send to service center will be fasting, because you will try a lot thing to find soltion.

Nero-G
08-28-2013, 06:24 AM
so you mean your problem occur after install new NVIDIA driver? i think you send to service center will be fasting, because you will try a lot thing to find soltion.

Yeah, I just send my laptop to Asus service centre, although very reluctantly as I've heard cases about the parts usually used for servicing aren't that brand new or rather "refurbished". The guy said that it was my motherboard problem (WTH, and I just got that laptop for like, 12 days??) and had to replace with a new one.

Hopefully they replace it with a working one since I've had quite a number of bad experiences with PC repair services in the past. But seriously, I bought a new laptop and the motherboard already has problems. Real.

cl-Albert
08-28-2013, 07:18 PM
If you haven't already, check with your store to see if you have any options about replacing or returning the unit which you might also want to check with your service center about since you haven't had it very long, but policies can vary from region to region as well as store to store.

Otherwise, if you have any problems with the rma, let us know and we can try to get more people to look into it.