PDA

View Full Version : CPU temperature (overheating+ throttling) when 3d rendering

mihaimoga
08-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Hello to all,

I just received my 3rd G750JX (first 2 were DOA). I was working today and noticed the noisy cpu fan and when i started measuring the temperature i saw that the cpu was over 90 degrees celcius. Does anyone have this "problem" when rendering(Vray, Max, Cinema4d) or utilizing the cpu at 100% in other aps?? I'm thinking that the thermal paste used by Asus is not efficient enough. I'm not worried about the temperature so much because i have 3 years warranty....the thing that bothers me is the throttling sometimes the cpu goes down to 2.7 ghz and that is a problem for me.

Chino
08-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Do you hear your fans increasing in speed when your temperature starts going up?

mihaimoga
08-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Do you hear your fans increasing in speed when your temperature starts going up?

Yes, the CPU fan is very loud almost as loud as the DVD drive when reading a CD.

Dream
08-29-2013, 05:39 PM
My last notebook blew up due to crappy thermal paste application and inefficient cooling. It was the only real upgrade I had pro-star install on my JX ... that, and Windows 7 =D.

Prostar Computer
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
It's probably not the paste they used but the paste application. A bad paste job and/or poor heat sink seating can result in poor heat transfer. Are you placing the laptop on a hard, flat surface (such as a desk or table)? It helps to have it slightly elevated too - perhaps with a chill pad.

mihaimoga
08-29-2013, 09:52 PM
It's probably not the paste they used but the paste application. A bad paste job and/or poor heat sink seating can result in poor heat transfer. Are you placing the laptop on a hard, flat surface (such as a desk or table)? It helps to have it slightly elevated too - perhaps with a chill pad.

Yes probably a bad paste job. I'm using the laptop only on a desk with a decent ambiental room temperature. Probably when they assembled the motherboard with the heatsink all the thermalpaste pour sidewais. I think i will return the laptop in a week after i finish my work, and order another one.