PDA

View Full Version : Mediocre Performance with the G53SW-A1

Rarius
08-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I recently bought this fantastic laptop, yet there is one thing that is bothering me, it clearly isn't putting out as much horsepower as it clearly should be able to.

For example, my computer is a fresh and clean computer, hell, the only things installed are games. Take for example, Bad Company 2, I hit high settings on 1920x1080 and the game is all but unplayable. It runs somewhat slow without anything going on, and becomes unplayable in intense action. This is basically the story for a lot of games (Unless they are significantly older, such as CS:S and SOMETIMES TF2). Even when I set a setting such as 1365x768 or drop them like nobody's business.

I find this bizarre, as these are my specs:
http://s2.postimage.org/5zo3iaz3s/speccy.jpg

I have the latest nVidia drivers (Picked up the modified ones off these very forums) as well as running in performance mode.

I have also tried to prevent the cpu from throttling, although I may have put some setting wrong somewhere.

http://s2.postimage.org/5zo6tdo3c/Untitled_1.jpg

I am so confused as why I'm having this problem.

Chastity@ASUS
08-25-2011, 01:12 AM
In throttlestop, go into options and enable the BD Prochot control. Then disable it in the main panel. Hit Save. There's a sticky on this too.

Rarius
08-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Ah, I missed the untick section. That seems to have given me a significant boost, but even when I disable AA and filtering, a lot of games are still sluggish in action. Which I don't understand, the technology in this beast if far more than necessary in some of these games.

Chastity@ASUS
08-25-2011, 02:15 AM
The other thing I do is keep up on the latest firmware for the HDDs in my systems.

Rarius
08-28-2011, 11:56 PM
I've gone through most of the drivers (Including the Intel SATA drivers) and updated them manually and I still have FPS problems, even at the lower resolution for some games.

xeromist
08-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Bear in mind that mobile parts are far behind desktop parts. Most of the mobile parts of today provide similar performance to 8800 Nvidia and 4000 series ATI desktop GPUs.