PDA

View Full Version : Constant crackling sound

sc27
08-30-2013, 05:21 AM
I noticed that my laptop produces a constant very faint crackling sound. I think it's coming from the speakers. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been doing this because I usually have headphones on, but I'm pretty sure it's a recent thing. I just noticed today. Having my headphones plugged in or out doesn't make a difference. Anyone know what this is or if there's a fix for it?

If it's not the speakers, It might be coming from the fan maybe I think. It's very hard to tell. Any suggestions on how I would pinpoint the issue?

Prostar Computer
08-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Bubble wrap leftover from shipping? :p

Without hearing it, it's hard to troubleshoot for you. First resort would be to reinstall your audio driver. You can try blowing out the vent(s) and see if anything foreign that may be brushing against the fans is forced out. Just make sure to use something to prevent the fan from spinning when you do that (a paperclip should work), otherwise you could ruin the bearing.

If you still hear the noise, then it may be hardware malfunction. At that point, it would have to go to Asus service center for inspection.