PDA

View Full Version : G75 VW battery meter stuck at 97% [solved]

phil_iera
08-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi guys, have you guys encountered an issue such as this: battery meter stuck? It's been almost a month since the meter got stuck at 97%. I have to keep it plugged all the time now because I don't get any notification before it runs out.

Pitcher@asus
09-02-2013, 06:57 AM
try uninstall it and reinstall again, also you can try 3th parts utility to verify.

ggBanks
09-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I guess you are referring to the Windows battery meter in the system tray? If that's the case maybe you will have to reinstall your operating system, or try to do some refreshing before to see if it will get it fixed. I recommend full defragmentation and also Ccleaner to do full disk cleanup and registry issue fixing.

phil_iera
09-02-2013, 04:15 PM
yes ggbanks, that one. I did install a clean copy of Windows 7 x64 and drivers from the disc which came with the laptop, still nothing. There's no way to perform defragmentation - SSD as primary. It's not bothering that much, it is a bit weird though.

Zygomorphic
09-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I would try a total run to discharge (laptop hard shutsdown), and then plug it in, boot it up, and let it charge. Maybe that will help. Also, could you boot an Ubuntu USB key and try running it on battery? If Ubuntu shows a realistic battery percentage, then your hardware is good, and the drivers are failing.

phil_iera
09-02-2013, 11:53 PM
Tried doing a total discharge, no results. Using Ubuntu was a good idea; it's stuck at 97% as well according to the Ubuntu reading. I guess that there is a fault with the battery - correct me if there might be something else.

Zygomorphic
09-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Did you run it for a good half hour to make sure? If so, then I would say that you have a failed battery sensor. Repair process is to send it in. ASUS will have to repair it, either by replacing the battery, or else the motherboard (I'm guessing the battery). This is not a wear-and-tear on the battery issue, this is the sensor failing.

ggBanks
09-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Tried doing a total discharge, no results. Using Ubuntu was a good idea; it's stuck at 97% as well according to the Ubuntu reading. I guess that there is a fault with the battery - correct me if there might be something else.

If you tried it with ubuntu too and it showed the same thing I too think it is from the battery. However though there might be one last thing you could do to see if it will get it fixed. You can update your BIOS, but I advise STRONGLY against that. I have bricked my laptop 2 times because of ASUSs faulty BIOS files. It is better to just send it for repair, honestly.

phil_iera
09-03-2013, 10:42 AM
oh shi% ggbanks, in fact i did update my bios back in April. This issue is taking too much time. I will buy a 2 hour hourglass and use it as meter.

phil_iera
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
I just solved the issue by taking the battery out and blowing the dust out from the contacts. Now it works. Reminds me of NES.