PDA

View Full Version : G750JX not accepting Nvidia update for GF 770M

exKalibr7
08-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi all,

my brand spanking new G750JX wants me to update to a new Nvidia driver but it wont accept the download, the Nvidia installer says no compatible hardware is found...

Any ideas?

Thanks

exKalibr7
08-31-2013, 04:26 PM
thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

patros
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
ibbi is correct in what he says and I agree, stick with the Asus driver.

I do however disagree with one part of what he said though.

The latest Asus driver does include GeForce Experience. It is not useless and it will get updated on its own from nvidia (only GeForce Experience, not the drivers). The reason why I find it not useless is aside from driver updates, what it does offer and I find useful is it optimizes the settings of your installed games (whichever ones are detected and legal of course). It's a quick easy way to ensure adequate frame rate while ensuring your game looks its best. Personally, I like that functionality as I have over 20 games on my system and I don't have the time to tweak things here and there to optimize it myself, manually.

Cheers

Dream
09-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm running the latest non-beta driver from Nvidia with no persistent problems. I had a failure screen initially, but that was weeks ago, and I have had zero issues since with plenty of gaming, video editing, streaming, etc.

patros
09-02-2013, 02:44 AM
@Dream,

Have you benchmarked the latest non-beta driver from Nvidia vs. the Asus slightly older and outdated driver and noticed any differences?

Viper-6
09-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I had to make sure that I went in and found the "m" version, The auto updates kept trying to install the desktop 770 version.

Pitcher@asus
09-04-2013, 03:39 AM
asus recommend download driver from asus support site, because it is asus release driver and asus not recommand direct using NVIDIA driver in asus product.

patros
09-04-2013, 07:23 AM
@Pitcher@Asus: If it's just minor modifications of the NVIDIA drivers and then getting them passed by WHQL, why is it we're still on GeForce driver version 311.83, which was released by NVIDIA 9 months ago and since then, version 314.07 was released 8 months ago, version 314.22 was released 7 months ago, version 320.18 was released less than 5 months ago and version 320.49 was released 3 months ago.

What's even more disheartening is the laptop was released 2 months ago.

This is a notice to Asus, just letting you guys know that the folks handling drivers at your company are NOT doing their jobs and either Asus should release hardware that works with the generic GeForce drivers from NVIDIA or they update their customised drivers with a lag time of maximum 2-3 days, not 9-10 months.

Does that summarise the sentiment of all G750 owners here in this forum?