PDA

View Full Version : Question newly bought asus rog

Freezcool
09-02-2013, 12:19 AM
So i bought my first gaming laptop a week ago and its g750jx and i want to know if the image is a dead pixel cause its been a week ive been trying to get rid of it using sofware like udpixel and others like rubbing, tapping, been on google and youtube and try whatever, stayed up all night just to get rid atleast one of them but still it wont get away its making me frustrating cause theres two of them and very close, its very very very irritating. Ive be more than happy if one of them disappeared and the warranty also said there should be atleast more than 5 to replace it. But are these two really dead pixels? its kind of big to be a dead pixel? It really disappoints my first gaming laptop to be like this.

patros
09-02-2013, 02:43 AM
Looks like a sticky smudge as opposed to a couple gigantic dead pixels. Also more likely. Have you tried any generic LCD screen cleaner and a lint free micro fibre cloth?

Cheers and do let me know how that worked out for you.

Clintlgm
09-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Well depending on where you bought this unit, you should have 30 days or so to return it for replacement. I think you should have a 30 day no dead pixels warranty from ASUS, if your past your vendors return time! I wouldn't hesitate to rectify this time is flying by.

Chino
09-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Welcome to the ROG forums, Freezcool.

Follow the instructions at this website Dead Pixel Buddy - The Tool to Detect Dead Pixels (http://deadpixelbuddy.com/) to see if those are indeed dead pixels or sticky smudges. :p

Freezcool
09-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Looks like a sticky smudge as opposed to a couple gigantic dead pixels. Also more likely. Have you tried any generic LCD screen cleaner and a lint free micro fibre cloth?

Cheers and do let me know how that worked out for you.

what will i do with the fibre cloth? how can generic lcd screen cleaner help you?

Freezcool
09-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Well depending on where you bought this unit, you should have 30 days or so to return it for replacement. I think you should have a 30 day no dead pixels warranty from ASUS, if your past your vendors return time! I wouldn't hesitate to rectify this time is flying by.

They say that its normal and need to have atleat 5 dead pixel. Still sending via email though cause its just been a week.

Freezcool
09-02-2013, 05:34 AM

Follow the instructions at this website Dead Pixel Buddy - The Tool to Detect Dead Pixels (http://deadpixelbuddy.com/) to see if those are indeed dead pixels or sticky smudges. :p

it detects just the two of them when i choose the white bakground, the other one is blury though

Freezcool
09-02-2013, 05:34 AM

it detects just the two of them when i choose the white bakground, the other one is blury though

patros
09-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Okay if you've got Dead Pixels, time to revisit where you purchased your laptop from buddy. I honestly thought you just had sticky smudges, hence the suggestion of a good wipe down.

Cheers