PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia graphic driver updates?

Ronteque
09-03-2013, 05:12 PM
The last nvidia graphic driver update was released on 2013/07/18 and it is version 311 something?

The latest graphic driver is already at version 326.

When are we going to get the next nvidia graphic driver update? Or should I just use the nvidia beta drivers?

I want better performance for my games. The asus version is so far behind.:(

Dream
09-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I've been running the latest non-beta driver direct from Nvidia for a few weeks now, no problems, on my JX with Win 7. It gave me a big boost on 3Dmark scores. I say give that one a go and if there is a recurring problem just do a restore.

Cykon
09-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Firstly, none of the other manufacturers of Gaming Laptops such as Alienware or MSI offer constant updates for graphic drivers, it is considered low priority as most people download generic driver from NVIDIA/AMD Radeon.

If you prefer the customized UI provided by installing the ASUS drivers you are more than welcome to wait, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As far as I know, only BETA drivers are available for users running Windows 8.1 probably due to the fact that it hasn't been officially released - RTM has been made available through means of illegal distribution.

The difference in performance between most updates in graphic drivers are generally minuscule (excluding major issues in specific games) compared to overclocking the GPU core and memory at user's discretion.

Prostar Computer
09-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Cykon hit it on the head. OEMs never keep up with modern driver revisions. They provide what they've tested the machine against, so the most up to date drivers will always be directly from NVidia (in this case).

Draetor24
09-04-2013, 02:26 AM
From what I understand, the driver directly from Nvidia/ATI will provide better performance than laptop tested drivers. Sure, they might not have the manufacturer's specific UI/additions, but we want a driver for gaming performance, and having the latest one from our GPU manufacturer is optimal.

The problem is that it seems the WHQL driver from Nvidia isn't supported on the G750, but the latest beta is. Maybe the next WHQL will be supported.

Pitcher@asus
09-04-2013, 05:19 AM
when asus get driver from NVIDIA, we will make a little transform to accord to our product and pass WHQL, but not all beta driver.

patros
09-04-2013, 06:29 AM
@Pitcher@Asus: If it's just minor modifications of the NVIDIA drivers and then getting them passed by WHQL, why is it we're still on GeForce driver version 311.83, which was released by NVIDIA 9 months ago and since then, version 314.07 was released 8 months ago, version 314.22 was released 7 months ago, version 320.18 was released less than 5 months ago and version 320.49 was released 3 months ago.

What's even more disheartening is the laptop was released 2 months ago.

This is a notice to Asus, just letting you guys know that the folks handling drivers at your company are NOT doing their jobs and either Asus should release hardware that works with the generic GeForce drivers from NVIDIA or they update their customised drivers with a lag time of maximum 2-3 days, not 9-10 months.

Does that summarise the sentiment of all G750 owners here in this forum?

Cykon
09-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Don't expect ASUS to provide as frequent updates for graphic drivers, unless there is a major problem (issues that causes system crash or perform outside of optimal range) that needs to be addressed immediately they are not obligated to do so. And as far as I know every laptop (after reading the numerous feedback issues on NotebookReview forums) with GeForce 700 series has had issues installing generic NVIDIA drivers (users have been using modified INF file to install generic drivers), therefore it's an ongoing issue between the manufacturers and NVIDIA.

To everyone that keeps pressing ASUS to release drivers to support Windows 8.1, please keep in mind that Windows 8.1 has not been officially released yet and even NVIDIA does not have WHQL drivers to support Windows 8.1. And as Pitcher mentioned ASUS get their drivers from NVIDIA, should you then complain to NVIDIA that they aren't doing their jobs?

If you are every bit of an enthusiast as you say, then you are potentially missing out on performance tweaks from driver updates. Regardless of any enhancements made by ASUS to the GPU, it still uses the NVIDIA chipset and behaves as such.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not trying to convince you to download either ASUS or NVIDIA drivers - I'm only sharing my knowledge and perception regarding this subject matter.

Pitchblack
09-04-2013, 08:48 AM
This is a notice to Asus, just letting you guys know that the folks handling drivers at your company are NOT doing their jobs and either Asus should release hardware that works with the generic GeForce drivers from NVIDIA or they update their customised drivers with a lag time of maximum 2-3 days, not 9-10 months.

Sadly you notice will not be heard in this offical manufacturer forum. Why? Because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk

patros
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Sadly you notice will not be heard in this offical manufacturer forum. Why? Because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk

LMAO!!! Well guys, in all seriousness, I can't complain. As I said before, all my games do run just fine using the last Asus drivers provided, including Metro: Last Light at 1920x1080 with GeForce Experience setting the game settings at "Optimal" which are pretty decent i.e., Advanced PhysX On, Quality High, SSAA Off, Tessellation Very High and Texture Filtering AF 16X

Already halfway through the game, no tearing, no lag, no nothing. It's fluid, easy and btw, brilliant a game.

I just wish Asus would appeal to my OCD self and provide me with up to date drivers regularly :D What a wonderful world that'd be?

patros
09-04-2013, 11:28 AM
hahahah! that made my day! contacting ASUS either by phone or through these forums is useless, noone cares. They only have a good product which is badly hurt by bad support and old drivers.

This is my last ASUS laptop.

Wanna bet it won't be? :P

Raitosama1
09-10-2013, 06:02 PM
So you guy succed to install Geforce Exprience on your G750jx ?

I tried many time but it does not want to be install , same with 3D VISION , I bought my Rog laptop in France and it's noticed that this laptop can use the 3D vision

hmscott
09-11-2013, 10:55 AM
Raitosmal, I went to the Nvidia drivers download page, and used the manual driver finder, selecting 770m and Windows 8 64bit, the latest driver is/was the 326.80:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/65051

The GeForce 326.80 Driver installed everything including the NVIDIA GeForce Experience without complaint - 320.49 complained about not finding a supported device.

Do a Custom Install and check the box for Clean Install - this removes the old drivers before installing the new drivers - instead of installing the new drivers on top of the already installed drivers.

Here is the install report generated from the Nvidia Control Panel:
NVIDIA System Information report created on: 09/11/2013 03:49:47
System name: HMSCOTT-G750JX

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 8, 64-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 770M
Driver version: 326.80
Direct3D API version: 11.1
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 705 MHz
Memory data rate: 5000 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 120.00 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 8918 MB
Dedicated video memory: 3072 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 5846 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.54.00.13
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3
Device Id: 10DE 11E0 213E1043
Part Number: 2303 0002

[Components]

easyDaemonAPIU64.DLL 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
WLMerger.exe 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
daemonu.exe 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
ComUpdatus.exe 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NvUpdtr.dll 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
NvUpdt.dll 8.3.14.1 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
nvui.dll 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 7.4.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 7.4.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Video Server
NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.2680 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.2680 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.2680 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.13.0725 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.2680 NVIDIA CUDA 5.5.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.2680 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Maxter
09-11-2013, 11:01 PM
The post above works. I did the same last week. DO CLICK ON "PERFORM CLEAN INSTALL". This way, all next final updates can be installed without issues (it deletes ASUS info that is blocking from installing non-beta, final, drivers)

Ronteque
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Speaking of drivers.

I don't even know what is wrong with Asus drivers website. It just doesn't even work anymore. I have been checking on their site for a few days and it is still down.

http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G750JX

First there were no updates for Asus Nvidia Drivers. Now I can't access the download page for official Asus drivers.

This is definitely my last Asus Laptop too.

Absolutely terrible support!

I'll just use the Nvidia beta drivers from now on. Very disappointed with Asus! No updates for months! Why don't Asus just let us use Official Nvidia Drivers to begin with if they are so bad at keeping their drivers updated! :mad:

hmscott
09-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Ronteque, IDK where you got that link, but it is incorrect.

This is the G750JH downloads/support page:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G750JX&p=3&s=521

Start here for support:
http://www.service.asus.com/

Click on the Downloads button to search for the model you are interested in:

http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

Usually I start here, which is another way in, after signing up for a VIP support account, and registering my Asus purchase:

https://account.asus.com/?lang=en-us

Cykon
09-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Speaking of drivers.

I don't even know what is wrong with Asus drivers website. It just doesn't even work anymore. I have been checking on their site for a few days and it is still down.

http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G750JX

First there were no updates for Asus Nvidia Drivers. Now I can't access the download page for official Asus drivers.

This is definitely my last Asus Laptop too.

Absolutely terrible support!

I'll just use the Nvidia beta drivers from now on. Very disappointed with Asus! No updates for months! Why don't Asus just let us use Official Nvidia Drivers to begin with if they are so bad at keeping their drivers updated! :mad:

If you purchased a similar laptop from other manufacturers you would have the same issues you're experiencing now - as I mentioned earlier in this same thread, every laptop with GeForce 700 series has had issues installing generic NVIDIA drivers.

Raitosama1
09-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Thanks you for your answer Hm but it wont work , it's marked :" not installed"

hmscott
09-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Thanks you for your answer Hm but it wont work , it's marked :" not installed"

What is marked " not installed"? If it isn't installed, install it! :)

What won't work? Can you be more specific? Please include a screen shot/clip if it helps show what you are describing - so I can understand what "won't work".

The driver install is pretty easy / straightforward. Here are the dialogs to choose custom install and the dialog where you check the "Perform a clean installation" box:

Raitosama1
09-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Sorry for my bad english , I mean it noticed that " GeForce Experience has not be install".
Now when I'm trying to install the 326.80 installer , the logiciel does not find a compatible hardware

hmscott
09-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Sorry for my bad english , I mean it noticed that " GeForce Experience has not be install".
Now when I'm trying to install the 326.80 installer , the logiciel does not find a compatible hardware

If I am understanding you correctly, you are getting this dialog when trying to install 326.80 (this snippet is from trying to install 320.49) Be sure you are actually installing the 326.80 driver :)

Raitosama1
09-13-2013, 02:33 PM
I installed this version of driver 326.80 , I deleted all the nvidia files from my computer before install this driver and the installer find the correct hardware at the end I have the same error :

I did this before :

My computer is in French this why my installer it is.

hmscott
09-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Raitosamal, I dont see an error, just that GeForce experience hasn't been installed yet, click the button to complete the install. Are you getting an error when you click the button to continue/complete the install?

Click the green button that says Next to complete the install.

Then get a screen grab to show the success/failure of the installation completion. You will then need to reboot.

Post the success / failure screen grab here please.

Raitosama1
09-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes this is the 1rst screenshot I made , this one 26137
This is the last screen , where is notice :

"NVIDIA GeForce Exprience 1.6 - Non installé " in english it's mean : " Nvidia Geforce Experience 1.6 has not been install"
It's the same for " NVIDIA UPDATE Components 7.2.17 - Echec " mean :" Failure"

hmscott
09-14-2013, 01:22 AM
"NVIDIA GeForce Exprience 1.6 - Non installé " in english it's mean : " Nvidia Geforce Experience 1.6 has not been install"
It's the same for " NVIDIA UPDATE Components 7.2.17 - Echec " mean :" Failure"

Aha!, you caught me, I don't speak French :)

You may need to download your own localized version of the driver, since you are French Speaking - but didn't say if you are in Canada or another country.

The international versions of the driver package are different than the English (US)version.

The English (US) version I posted a link to may not like being installed on a non-English/US system.

At Nvidia.com, select the localized site for your country, drivers section, and use the manual search for drivers - selecting 700m series, 770m and Windows 8 64-bit, and see what driver packages come up for you. If there is a 326.80 international version for you, try that.

Raitosama1
09-14-2013, 11:25 PM
It's seems like it does not matter , english (US) or "French" installer , When I try to install it the installing is interrupted by "I don't know why" , I asked help from the Asus support..
I don't think it's normal that I can not install Nvidia pilote on my G750JX

hmscott
09-15-2013, 12:00 AM
It's seems like it does not matter , english (US) or "French" installer , When I try to install it the installing is interrupted by "I don't know why" , I asked help from the Asus support..
I don't think it's normal that I can not install Nvidia pilote on my G750JX

The Asus approved drivers are the ones that Asus supports. They are the drivers that you can download from the G750 support site for your laptop. If you can't get one of the Nvidia generic drivers to install you can download the one from the Asus support page for your laptop and that should work.

I don't know all you have done with your laptop, or what Nvidia drivers other than the 326.80 you might have installed / uninstalled, or what other software you have installed / uninstalled, but if you can't get a good Nvidia driver load completed, worst case you can always refresh or reset your Asus OS install from the Asus Recovery partition.

Check with Asus support to get their guidance.

Raitosama1
09-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes , I think I'll reinstall my Asus OS , thanks for your help

cronik916
09-15-2013, 01:10 PM
oh no dont do that bro, **** lol u just need to either disable driver sig through windows advanced setting reboot or **** anything other than full os wipe rofl for a single program, thats not even needed but just makes u not need to think when playing a new game. nvidia experience and 10000000 programs just like it are nothing but a lazy persons "do it for me" button. all it does is loads graphic settings that the nvidia crew optimize for each new game, as well as downloading new gpu drivers when they come out. 2 things 1) gpu driver updates while nice can easily be performed by the user in 5 mins by just checking the nvidia site every 3-5 weeks downloading the new driver and installing. 2) the graphic optimization is all well and good if there was anything resembling a cookie cutter pc, other than mac's and consoles gaming rigs come in so many dffrent shapes and sizes that the optimization is more or less useless or no better than whatever game your playing's auto detect settings. i mean u could have a i5 2nd generation cpu with 16gb of ram and a 1tb 7200rpm hdd, while i have a 3rd generation i7 but only 4gb of ram and a 250 gb ssd. thats just talking other hardware specs not to mention what gpu's each of us has. i mean a gtx 660sc with 2gb ddr5 is a whole other class then a gtx640 and they both run the same drivers. so while i cant help the fact that the problem might be out of your hands and lost in translation between languages i can tell u that u would be better off hammering away at google and forum researching to find your answer than u would ever be calling someone on the phone and telling them to send u a fix all my **** button lol. hope u didnt frag your OS because of a silly lazy mans program, seriously, but then again too each his own lol. cheers.

cronik916
09-15-2013, 01:34 PM
@Pitcher@Asus: If it's just minor modifications of the NVIDIA drivers and then getting them passed by WHQL, why is it we're still on GeForce driver version 311.83, which was released by NVIDIA 9 months ago and since then, version 314.07 was released 8 months ago, version 314.22 was released 7 months ago, version 320.18 was released less than 5 months ago and version 320.49 was released 3 months ago.

lol im ocd when it comes to computers. i cant get on any computer without immediatley running ccleaner or if its not my comp then running task manager and leaning out the running processes. i regularly check manufacturer web sites for newest drivers from the source. waiting on a company to wait out drivers because of liability issues is stupid. if u take pride in your gaming rig then u try to get the most out of it, which in turn means u need to learn the basics of how it tics. i mean a brand new car rolls off the assembly line in working order with no need to fuss over it, but if u want to really bring out the stock cars potential u need to adjust the brake pressure, open up tthe throttle body replace the air filter, so on and so forth. make it sing so to speak. you wll never change a ford torus into a gt 500 but u can atleast get the most outa what she can give. much like the g750 that i purchased from best buy and could of had it shipped to antartica with no internet opened it up and started gaming on 95% of the newest games, it was built ready and conservative in its "liability safe" drivers to work but dont expect asus to come running with a driver package until x amount of time has passed without hardware being ended by the so called beta drivers. i cant make anyone want to keep there comp running lean and mean nor can i deter anyone from expecting whatever they feel they deserve but i can throw out there the idea that waiting on corprate to give the go ahead is imho a waste of your valuable time. cheers hope i brought a lil perspective :)

Pierre990429
09-15-2013, 01:37 PM
@Raitosama1

Hello,

I am French and downloaded the 326.80 beta international for notebooks here :
http://www.nvidia.fr/object/notebook-win8-win7-64bit-326.80-beta-driver-fr.html
You must download the file, then extract the content somewhere (right-click "extract to" , without executing the exe), then run the setup.exe file from the extracted files.

I have a G750JH with 780M.
When I run msinfo32, the "affichage" ID in "composants" is : Device ID - PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_213E1043&REV_A1\4&343A8BA5&0&0008.
The listdevices.txt file in the 326.80 beta lists this ID. So the drivers will accept to install. Do the same for yor G750 model.

I didn't uninstall the previous 311.83 drivers. But it's a good idea to do a Windows restore point.
This way, the drivers installed without any problem. You don't even need to boot afterwards.

Anyway, I didn't like the new "grid/raster-effect" on the AUO 219D screen (311.83 gives faint vertical lines, but it's better) , so after a while, I reverted by using the restore point. It worked flawlessly.

The 311.83 work nice so far, for me, on new games (Deus Ex 3, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Dishonored) or older ones (Ultima IX Ascension - from 1999 - , Doom 3 v1.31, Bioshock - works better than with Win7, no need to run in compatibility mode - , Bioshock 2, Risen, Risen 2, Morrowind, Oblivion - just a problem with shadows here, but it's game related I think).

I guess I'll have to buy a LG LP173WF1 glossy screen to get something comfortable for my eyes.

cronik916
09-15-2013, 01:40 PM
and when i got my g750 the very first thing i did was run into "hardware not recognized" error trying to install the new 320.46 drivers on win 8 64bit. so i learned that i needed to disable the driver signature signing with advanced settings menu through troubleshooting option on restart. turned that off and restarted and installed the 320's with no problem. not that i needed the extra 2.5% optimization for ****ing some indie ass hat game, but because i couldnt stop myself from needing the newest highest form of production out of the hardware lol.

cronik916
09-15-2013, 01:44 PM
nice man have u tried any programs like this f.lux? it turns down the blues and reds based on day/night cycle of the sun where u live. supposedly blue light at night screws up your cicadian? rhythm's and hurts your retina as well as disrupting your melatonin. lol its bad ass at night if you are laying down surfing the web. check it out. here is the link http://justgetflux.com/ cheers.

hmscott
09-15-2013, 03:51 PM
nice man have u tried any programs like this f.lux? http://justgetflux.com/ cheers.

Cronik, we are all nice men, so I will answer :)

Looks nice, thanks for letting us know about it, I will check it out. Anything to protect our eyes, and sleep cycle is good. I sleep like a rock when I am done working, 8 hours, but the time lapse between sleep can vary.

I usually set all black themes, dark backgrounds, and turn down the brightness at night. For night vision I use colored gels on screens, lights, flashlights and panel lights - and I wear polarized UV protection at all times outside during the daytime.

I have been doing the 12+ hours / day screen thing for, well a long time, and I have been taking antioxidants and other known assists for eye health for years: Bilberry, Eyebright, and many others (many brands), it really helps. Here is a nice list of them toward the bottom of the article.

http://www.lef.org/newsletter/2011/0204_Free-Radicals-Implicated-in-Common-Eye-Disease.htm

cronik916
09-15-2013, 08:56 PM
nice, ya i got really blue eyes so there very sensitive to uv. supposedly blue eyes deteriorate the fastest or someone told me that when i was younger and it made an impression on me so ive been looking for ways to strengthen and prolong my eyes since. like i regularly, during intense gaming sessions every 15 mins or so, stop and do a quick eye exercise where i look up and to the left,center,right,down,center,left holding each position for 5 seconds or so then blinking a bunch and going at shooting people again lol. it really helps your eyes because if u all are like me i can get into it and next thing i know ive been playing for 45 mins and when i go to blink my eyes water lol.

maeckmann
09-20-2013, 02:13 PM

It most certainly does!