PDA

View Full Version : G74sx-3d more use of amazing display. How to display PS3 on laptop for 3D?

Gliptor
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
This may be the worst question I ever ask but, does anyone know of a way to use the laptops display as a 3d monitor for something like a PS3? I doubt it can be done but with the a naval tour of duty im the near future it would be awesome to bring my PS3 along and use my G74sx-3de to give it some 3D goodness ;)

jorlanm
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Youll have to buy a video kit that connects video cables to usb...the HDMI on the Laptop is only meant for output...

Naits
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
why would you even do that lol, would be hard to configurate the 3d to the ps3, so probaly lot of video bugs

Chastity@ASUS
08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
This may be the worst question I ever ask but, does anyone know of a way to use the laptops display as a 3d monitor for something like a PS3? I doubt it can be done but with the a naval tour of duty im the near future it would be awesome to bring my PS3 along and use my G74sx-3de to give it some 3D goodness ;)

The G74SX-3DE has no HDMI-In, so you won't be able to do that. You could run the PC version of your games, however.

Gliptor
08-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Was just a thought since I'll be sailing. Was worth asking to see if thevlaptop screen could double as a ps3 screen too :) Too bad it's not easily done. I'll be just fine gaming only on the G74 though. Thanks for the replies! Glip