PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Asus G74SX

Hexenon
09-05-2013, 07:31 PM
hi, i had a problem since i bought my Notebook Asus G74SX. When i contacted the support they said that my laptop was ok, but it was freezing all the time, and sending a message that says "windows kernel nvidia has stopped working" and the display became dead then came alive again... it usually happened when i started windows, or another OS.

now i want to repair it, because my warranty is out of date. Even when i had 1 month with the laptop, but they said it was fine, and i regret about it. i wanna ask if there is a way to fix it, or i must change the video chip or what can i do?. u can check logs to see when i contacted the support team several times, and they never told me to send the laptop, now i need it as server in school and i have problems with the laptop freezing... now, please help me and tell me what i can do to fix it, or if you can send me a replacement piece or what...

thanks in advance
best regards

Pitcher@asus
09-06-2013, 02:16 AM
i think you reinstall OS press F9, undate new drivers and utilities from asus support site, but i know so many people install vga driver from NAIDIA website. if still happen, i think you will check your DIMM or unplug DIMM to verify, btw you can change HDD to try it, if still happen, i think you will send to asus service center.

getjohnalive
09-06-2013, 07:10 AM
try to install this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-64bit-314.22-whql-driver.html
NVidia driver v314.22. this is the safest driver to date. maybe it will help you.