PDA

View Full Version : G53JW: USB Safe Remove, different behaviour for USB 3.0? (Interesting)

kimiraikkonen
09-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Hi guys,
Most of your RoGs have USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 hosts seperately. Like in my G53JW, i have three USB 2.0 ports and one USB 3.0 port. The interesting nuance comes into place when i connect and try to safely remove same device from USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, which results in different context.

See the screenshot:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2jbu0bl.jpg

When i connect a Kingston flash drive to USB 2.0, the sub-device name (Kingston) is grayed out on standart USB 2.0 ports.
Whereas if i connect same device to Fresco 3.0 USB port, i get non-grayed-out device option as shown in screenshot.

It seems Windows and USB controllers are behaving differently while safely removing parent devices and their subnames. You also can notice that the text after "Eject...." is different between 2.0 and 3.0 hosts for the SAME USB device.

Is there anyone with clear explanation on it?

Thanks!

Pitcher@asus
09-09-2013, 02:29 AM
please remove USB+ charger utility.

kimiraikkonen
09-09-2013, 10:18 AM
please remove USB+ charger utility.

I do NOT have that utility and apparently it has nothing to do with any USB-related 3rd party software, even i don't have any.

The behaviour is really interesting when you deal with Fresco, whereas native USB 2.0 ports makes the subdevice part grayed-out.

Any real ideas?