PDA

View Full Version : G75VW 3/4 monitors?

Beedle
09-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Is there any way to enable the use of more than two monitors on my G75 (t1031v)? I know I could use a usb graohics card, but I would prefer to not do that.

The best way I can see is that it has an integrated Intel HD 4000 gpu in the cpu, and if I could only enable this I could enable it I would be able to run more monitors.

If this is not possible, is there any way I could hack the vbios to let me use more monitors or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gumwars
09-08-2013, 04:18 AM
From what I gather, the Intel video adapter isn't available on the G75, the Nvidia chip runs it completely. You don't care for using a USB display adapter?

Beedle
09-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't want to use a usb adapter on principle. I have a laptop with two gpus, and paying for a usb adapter is annoying and expensive.

Pitcher@asus
09-09-2013, 02:39 AM
i think you can use, because loptop have HDMI, VGA, mini display port.

cl-Albert
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Is there any way to enable the use of more than two monitors on my G75 (t1031v)? I know I could use a usb graohics card, but I would prefer to not do that.

The best way I can see is that it has an integrated Intel HD 4000 gpu in the cpu, and if I could only enable this I could enable it I would be able to run more monitors.

If this is not possible, is there any way I could hack the vbios to let me use more monitors or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

The G75VW can actually come with 2 different graphics chips and unfortunately, it appears G75VW owners with the GTX 670M are unable to get 3 displays working (without extra hardware?) as in the thread below, so you want to check which one you have.

G75 and 3 display ports. Can you run 3 different displays at same time? (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?15628-G75-and-3-display-ports.-Can-you-run-3-different-displays-at-same-time)

G75VW owners with the GTX 660M graphics will be able to use more external monitors, so not all G75VWs will be the same for this.
If you're interested, below is another thread about this.

G75vw - connect 2 external monitors (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?30534-G75vw-connect-2-external-monitors&highlight=g75vw+monitor)