PDA

View Full Version : RealBench v 1.1 cannot open

Nate152
09-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi guys I just downloaded Realbench v1.1 when I try to open it or extract it from my downloads it will not open and a page comes up and asks me if I want to use a web service to open it. I see it is a .man file. Can anyone help me to extract the files so I can install RealBench? Thank You.

Chino
09-08-2013, 12:24 AM
That's the strangest thing. I just went to verify the link and it is indeed a MAN file. I'll ask Nodens about it. In the meanwhile, you can get RB off Meankey's website.

Here you go: http://meankeys.com/dl/RealBench_v1.1.rar

Nate152
09-08-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks Chino I will give that a try and let you know if I can install it, Thank You !

Nate152
09-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Hey Chino I got that Realbench file to install I ran a stress test and it says my sytem is stable but when I run the other test which has the image editing, video encoding and multitasking, Hand brake fails.

meankeys
09-08-2013, 03:29 AM
Your still unstable. try increasing your vcore voltage a bit. Just run the encoding test increase your vcore voltage in small increments till you pass then run the full benchmark test,

Nate152
09-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Hey meankeys you are 100% correct, cpu needed more voltage but here is the deal. You have the same motherboard and cpu as I do. ( Maximus V Extreme & 3770k ) Instead of raising the vcore I had to lower the cpu speed, If I try to raise the vcore any higher I get a cpu voltage overclocking failed error on boot up. I had to set the speed to 4.6 Ghz. with 1.54 volts which I think is ridiculous. Is there a setting in the bios I am overlooking to be able to go past 1.54 volts and not get the overclocking failed message? I tried enabeling Extreme OV setting but that didn't do anything. I also have G.Skill Trident X 2800 Mhz. RAM 11-14-14-35 but can only get to 2732 Mhz. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chino
09-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Is there a setting in the bios I am overlooking to be able to go past 1.54 volts and not get the overclocking failed message?
Go into the BIOS and navigate to the Monitor tab. Select the Voltage option. Click CPU Voltageand select ignore.

Nate152
09-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks Chino, now I can go past 1.54 volts and not get the cpu overvoltage error. 1.54 volts for 4.6 Ghz. just seems way out of range to me. I have hyperthreading enabled but it still shouldn't need that much juice and It has been like that since day 1 when I put it together. Any suggestions?

meankeys
09-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Nate152

Before we go any further I think you should first read through some of the great overclocking guides here on this site. That way you will be familiar with the settings. Also please post your system specs. so we know what your working with. Even though the hardware is different the bios settings and adjustments will be the same in most cases. here is a good one posted by Raja

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2787-Maximus-IV-GENE-Z-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking&highlight=rajas

Nate152
09-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Thank you for taking time to look into this and giving some insight on my issue meankeys, here is my hardware: Asus Maximus V Extreme, 3770k,G.Skill Trident X 2800 Mhz. (8 GB),Three GTX 680 FTW 4 GB in SLI, OCZ Vector 256 GB SSD, Asus cd/dvd reader/writer, PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 1200 watt PSU, Thermaltake Armor+ VH6000 BWS pc case, Koolance ERM-2K3U liquid cooling unit just cooling the cpu. I did read the guide on how to get to 4.7 Ghz. with 3770k, set the settings as the guide said to 1.35 vcore. It booted to the desktop but that was it not stable at all under any load. I have Vcssa to 1.25 volts, VCCIO to 1.15 volts, Extreme Tweaking Enabled, Super PI Enabled, CPU capabiIity 140%, I am not using Vcore offset. LLC Ultra High, Everything else pretty much on auto. I set the RAM timings manually. Is there anything else you would like me to post? Please say and I will gladly post anymore information you might need to see why my 3770k is a voltage hog. Thanks again meankeys.

meankeys
09-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Hi Nate
No Problem. What are you using to monitor your temps? I use core temp its a free download. Only use one monitor software at a time for more accurate readings. All chips and hardware are different so just because someone may get higher clocks and lower voltage & temps does not mean you will have the same results. Most of us here shoot for the highest OC at the lowest voltage and temps for bench marking and bragging rights :). I do not run high clocks for normal every day work and gaming. I do how ever use a modified version of my default settings @ 4.2 GHz good luck and have fun. That should be your main objective. Don't for get to read through the RB tips and tweaks thread Posted by Myk SilentShadow. We expect to see some scores posted in the leader board thread soon have fun.

Nate152
09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I use RealTemp to monitor cpu temperature, EVGA Precision X to monitor temps with the graphics cards. And yes I want to post a score but not sure how to do the screen shots I guess I will have to install CPU-Z also. Thanks for the help and info meankeys.

meankeys
09-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Sure no problem

Quickest way to post screen shot. Hit print screen key on keyboard go to start menu open paint and click past. enjoy

Nate152
09-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Thanks again meankeys. RealBench gave me a system score of 737 cpu at 4.7 Ghz. with 1.55 volts. Not bad for a first run I guess. Temps on the 4 cores were 76 84 82 78.

meankeys
09-09-2013, 08:27 AM
nate
thats a very good first run. now the fun starts. do some tweaking and join us in the 800 club.

nice run Nate

Nate152
09-10-2013, 01:25 PM
After reading the tweak guide for RealBench I got my score to 768. I guess now only thing to do is see if I can up my cpu speed. I don't think it has much left seeing that I'm at 1.55 volts for 4.7 Ghz. So it looks like 800 points is not going to happen for me.

meankeys
09-10-2013, 02:15 PM
You will find a point were you will need a large jump in voltage to get to the next level. For my 1 chip it takes 1.690 to get to 5176 Ghz. It is going to up to your cooling now

Nate152
09-10-2013, 06:34 PM
you run the 3770k at almost 1.7 volts? WOW. 1.55 volts is the highest I have taken it. I do have liquid cooling on my 3770k so I'll give 1.7 volts a try and see what speed it lets me get. I'm gonna have to wait until it gets a little cooler out and I will open the window in my room to drop temperatures. I been reading a lot of forums and I have only seen a few people get to 5.0 Ghz. with the 3770k. Congratulations on achieving 5.176 Ghz. I think that is awesome !

meankeys
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Nate running those voltages are not recommended. Adjust your vcore voltage slowly in .005v increments. depending on your settings in the digi section of the bios setting your cpu pll to ultra high will limit the cpu from drawling to much voltage watch the vcore voltage in the cpuz while your running your benchmark or just the encoding part of RB to see if your stable enough to pass. a setting of extreme will allow the cpu to draw a higher voltage

Nate152
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Do I want LLC to extreme? I was reading that it helps with v droop. I don't use offset voltage for cpu.

meankeys
09-12-2013, 12:01 AM
Nate
A setting of extreme will allow the cpu to draw more voltage if needed to maintain a stable clock at different loads. An example if I set a 1.690 Volts @ 5181 GHz (watching cupz) at no load I boot to OS with a 1.712V and full load I have seen it go as high as 1.736 or higher. Keep in mind my temps are still good with my current cooling setup but that still does not mean thats good for the cpu lifespan. I was hoping some of the resident vets here would jump in here and give you some better advice. Most will recommend a setting of ultra high and a higher vcore setting. take your time bump the vcore up in .005 volt increments. till you pass the encoding part of RB then try to run the full benchmark for score. I get a better score on my second run.

Nate152
09-12-2013, 01:34 AM
LOL that's just crazy but I love it ! Do you have a water chiller or something on your water cooling loop that allows those kinds of voltages and keeps temps in check? Did you deLid your 3770k? I have the Koolance ERM-2K3U liquid cooling unit. It says it will dissipate up to 2000 watts of heat, but room temperature plays a big role as well. The cooler the liquid the further we can push voltages and clocks. I'm anxious to try it but as I said I have to wait for cooler or cold weather. Won't be long I live in Pa.

meankeys
09-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Nate
on the other hand this 3770K Chip (de-lidded) will do 4900MHz with a vcore of 1.520v Run RB all day long - Temps 57 - 73c and yield a 793 RB score

Digi settings

PLL = high
CPU Voltage freq = auto
VRM Spread spec = enable
CPU power phase con = optimized
CPU power duty cycle = T-Prob

I am running 3X360 Rads = XSPC water cooling - I run a cool can (explain later)but was not in use in above specs.

Nate were in Pa do you live?

HiVizMan
09-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Meankeys thanks for taking the time to help out with this bench, you are one of the best at this benchmark for sure.

Nate152
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey meankeys, I live in Newville Pa. in between shippensburg and Carlisle and yes please explain what your cool can is.

meankeys
09-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Meankeys thanks for taking the time to help out with this bench, you are one of the best at this benchmark for sure.

Thanks HiVizMan
No problem any time

meankeys
09-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey meankeys, I live in Newville Pa. in between shippensburg and Carlisle and yes please explain what your cool can is.

I live in Lancaster area. You are about an hour or so away.

A cool can is a Fuel cool can made by Mr Gasket. Race car drivers use them to cool down there fuel so that it anatomizes the fuel faster when it hits the hot intake. What I did was hooked it in to my cooling loop so the coolant runs through the coil and I fill the can with ice or dry ice and that will bring down the temp of my coolant. look in the tweeks thread I think I posted a picture of it. If not ill send you one when I get home.

Nate152
09-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Hey meankeys that sounds great, maybe you can come over sometime and show me how to tweak my machine ! I guess I know what I'm doing with it somewhat but maybe you could show me more. That would be awesome if you could make it over sometime !

meankeys
09-12-2013, 10:52 PM
That would be cool bud but there's allot of peps here that probably forgot more about this stuff than I know. I have learned allot from these great guy's and gal's here at ROG. Just ask and you shall receive.