PDA

View Full Version : Asus G55vx blank screen on load fix

Vinhb
09-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Hi guys,

Just got my g55vx last week, after updating all my drivers I ended up booting into a blank screen after the rog logo.

I was pretty upset and searched online for a solution as I didn't wanna send it back to asus and have my laptop gone for 2 months while they fixed it.

Tried the removal battery and hold power button trick that many suggested and didn't work.

Didn't wanna restore to factory settings either as some suggested.

What I did was I downloaded graphics driver 314.22 from the Nvidia site and installed it.

Wasn't sure if it would work but thank god it did.

There's nothing worse then spending $$ on a laptop and being all excited and finding it isn't a complete product.

So I wanted to share, hope this can work for u guys too

Thanks
Vinh

andiherbst
09-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Well your lapto is not faulty - ist just incompatible... bad luck. I reported the very same issue many times ago without any results... So you are stuck with nvidia Drivers 314.22. Sorry to ruin your day. Believe me I'm raging about this too. I have a G75VX that was advertised as a "gaming powerhorse" and cant even handle recent drivers...sad...

andiherbst
09-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Btw I forgot to mention: go to the nvidia forums and report your issue there - give them your model and that kind of stuff... possibly they can fix this for us. The more people the better